T Nation

Question About TRT

I’m 39 with a 545 test level but feel 89. I was perscribed testosterone @ 0.66ML injections once a week along with a daily Sermorlin / GHRP6 mix.

I want desperately to feel better however a little concerned with the test. My first concern is losing my hair, I have a lot of it and have no interest in picking it out up of my shower floor. Second, I’m concerned that if I start my natural production will be gone for good. I’ve done ton of research and everything I read contradicts the other. If I start on test and six months from now decide its not for me can I recover to the level I was pre-test?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What time of day was your blood taken? Test levels of 550 at 39 years old really isn’t bad at all. Ksman is the expert on this forum, but if you’re struggling with energy it could possibly be a thyroid or other related issue.

Go to the 2nd post in the thread that is the sticky in this forum and start reading.

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Your thyroid could easily be part of the problem. The thyroid lab ranges are very wide and doctors thus ignore many cases of hypometabolism.

Post all of your labs with ranges in list format.

Labs:
TT=550
FT
E2
LH/FSH - must be done before TRT
CBC with hematocrit
fasting glucose
fasting cholesterol
AM cortisol
DHEA-S
TSH
fT3
fT4 [please not T3, T4]
IGF-1

I just posted my lab results, pending approval.

Increased or restored T levels only cause hair loss in guys who have that genetic destiny. Typically if one is mature and has no hair loss, it will not happen.

TSH is surprisingly low and fT4 is above midrange and fT3 is midrange. So both fT3 and fT4 are good.
So your body temperatures should be good. Please check oral body temperatures:

• when you first wake up, should be 97.7 - 97.8, higher is OK, 97.3 is a problem
  • also check for 98.6F/37C mid-afternoon

Do those stickies. That is the biggest benefit you can get here.

Thanks for the reply. I’m assuming the TRT probably won’t help much can based on your response. Will my natural production stop if I start? Aside from hair loss that’s the other thing that has me concerned.

As for the low tsh, how can that be addressed? I was also put on a Sermorlin-ghrp2-ghrp6 mix daily. Will that address it?

Sermorlin-ghrp2-ghrp6 should increase HG and IGF-1.
I would not expect that to affect TSH.

Body temperatures will complete the story.

One concern with lower TSH is one sliding into hypothyroidism. This can occur with prolonged low levels of iodine and thyroid can enlarge and have autonomous thyroid nodules making T4 and T3 without need for TSH. So hypothyroidism can change to hyperthyroidism. You may be perfectly fine, lets get body temperature data to confirm.

Reading

I’ll check my temp in the AM.

So if I decide to go with the TRT and decide to stop, will my previous TRT levels return on their own or do I have to do something to get back to where I am?

That could make things worse and it depends on your TRT. If you don’t use hCG and your testes become tiny, what do you think that may do?