Question about TRT Protocol

Forgive me if I’m not following all the rules about posting. I think this is a great site and the knowledge here is amazing. I’m a long time reader, first time poster.

Basically, was put on 5mg Androgel, tested a month later. Numbers lower than before I was on the gel. Was given a shot of HCG 3000cc and re-tested. Numbers went up a little. He then prescribed me Test Cyp that I filled and I had to bring it to the office to have him inject. He has given me 2 shots of 300mg Cyp a week a part. I have to re-test in a few days. I was instructed to keep taking the Androgel as well. The things I though were weird were that I was tested for Total Estrogen, not extradiol. Also, I am under the impression that if my numbers come back acceptable, then the shots are over and I continue the gel.
Does this sound right? What happens to the Test Cyp that he is holding? Can he keep it?
I feel amazing but and worried about no AI - also a lack of a plan for me to see. I guess the issue is that I really haven’t spoken with him ( office staff does the injections) and I don’t want to go too long between the shots. Is it possible that he is front-loading me?

Thank You again for all your knowledge and experience on this site…your feedback is greatly appreciated.

TRT does not need to be front-loaded. The dosages he is giving you are close to what you would use for a steroid cycle, not TRT. 100 mg/week is standard protocol. Your levels (T and E2) will be all over the place, and retesting “in a few days” will be meaningless. If you go back to the gel, you will eventually be back to where you started.

Your doctor is an idiot. Find a new one. (This should be added to the “stupid things doctors say” post)

wow!!!

uhmmmm… yeah…

you see…

well…

…I have no idea where to start with this besides to recommend finding a new doctor if at all possible stat.

you are setting yourself up for a huge crash, a huge estradiol spike, and stressing your entire system.

Thanks Guys — I appreciate it–The other issue is that my next blood test is only for Total Testerone, Free Testosterone, FSH, and LH — That’s it. So if my E2 is 100, I’ll never know.

Thanks Again.