Question About The 10x3

[quote]hueyOT wrote:
slimsaw00 wrote:
yeah, the progression to 10x4, 10x5 is what got harder in respect to that rep scheme but the 5x10 days kicked my ass harder.

I really liked ABBH, it is a very solid routine.

Matt

that does seem challenging, actually. 10 x 5 at what percentage, though?

[/quote]

well following the program as prescribed the 10x3-10x4-10x5 was with 80% of 1RM, load remained constant. 5x10 started with 60% 1RM, then progressed to 65%, and then 70%.

Matt

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Z-Man wrote:
10x3 done with high intensity and proper diet is an excellent program.

It’s my favorite protocol but not cuz it’s easy. In fact, it’s easily my most intense session and I like the results. It will exhaust you but when you’re done it’s a better exhaustion than a light weight/high rep protocol. Why? Because you moved big heavy weights the entire session. And that is satisfying and gratifying!

[/quote]

Couldn’t agree more.

70% for 5 sets of 10? i’d like to see somebody do that…

[quote]hueyOT wrote:
70% for 5 sets of 10? i’d like to see somebody do that…[/quote]

edit: i want to see a person who actually has a strong 1RM in a few particular exercises perform 5 sets of 10 with 70%. maybe it’s not as hard as it seems to me, 'cuz i’m pretty shitty with higher reps at the moment.

[quote]hueyOT wrote:
70% for 5 sets of 10? i’d like to see somebody do that…[/quote]

Well after three weeks you’ll have gained some mass/strength so its not really your 70% anymore

Still kicks your ass though…

[quote]hueyOT wrote:
hueyOT wrote:

edit: i want to see a person who actually has a strong 1RM in a few particular exercises perform 5 sets of 10 with 70%. maybe it’s not as hard as it seems to me, 'cuz i’m pretty shitty with higher reps at the moment.[/quote]

yes it’s brutal in the end, and each week does in fact get significantly harder but it’s all part of Chad’s plan. Honestly you really should check out ABBH. I know from your other threads that you are into high volume, but IMO this program could be a nice change of pace for ya. It’s only 6 weeks long and I made awesome gains on it.

Oh and I hear ya about being shitty on higher reps. I’m doing TBT and getting into sets of 15 and 18 have just KILLED ME!

Huey I know you’re not into premade routines, but at least give it a read.

Matt

[quote]slimsaw00 wrote:
hueyOT wrote:
hueyOT wrote:

edit: i want to see a person who actually has a strong 1RM in a few particular exercises perform 5 sets of 10 with 70%. maybe it’s not as hard as it seems to me, 'cuz i’m pretty shitty with higher reps at the moment.

yes it’s brutal in the end, and each week does in fact get significantly harder but it’s all part of Chad’s plan. Honestly you really should check out ABBH. I know from your other threads that you are into high volume, but IMO this program could be a nice change of pace for ya. It’s only 6 weeks long and I made awesome gains on it.

Oh and I hear ya about being shitty on higher reps. I’m doing TBT and getting into sets of 15 and 18 have just KILLED ME!

Huey I know you’re not into premade routines, but at least give it a read.

Matt

[/quote]

i’ve looked at several routines on this board. and although i don’t want to follow any preset routine <i train largely on instinct, and my instincts are well-developed>, i will definitely say that i am in agreement with many trends/“principles” on this board.

so i’m gonna pass on all the routines .

also, i’m always making gains, so if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!