Question About Spike

[quote]rondastarr wrote:
Last week I did Spike at 4am, did my workout and then on the way into school at 7:30am I felt like I was going to fall asleep so I stopped for a fat free triple latte, that is 3 shots of expresso, and I still wanted to fall asleep. LOL!

Maybe I over did it on the stimulents the first time I went to college and have built up a tolerence. I hope not, b/c that would suck.

[/quote]

It’s obvious that you need a prolonged break from stimulants if you want to feel their effect again.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
rondastarr wrote:
Last week I did Spike at 4am, did my workout and then on the way into school at 7:30am I felt like I was going to fall asleep so I stopped for a fat free triple latte, that is 3 shots of expresso, and I still wanted to fall asleep. LOL!

Maybe I over did it on the stimulents the first time I went to college and have built up a tolerence. I hope not, b/c that would suck.

It’s obvious that you need a prolonged break from stimulants if you want to feel their effect again.[/quote]

Outside of coffee it has been years since I have taken any stimulents. After I left that message I thought that if I had built up any tolerence I have probably given it a long enough break, but thanks anyways.

My wife sometimes has the same trouble feeling energized that early in the morning. She works as a nurse also. What really works for her is to take 2 Spike tablets and then climb on top of me for a spirited bout of fornicating.

We have a very large bed, so…ladies, if you’d like to try out this energizing technique post some dates you can travel to our area and b.y.o.s.

[quote]sen say wrote:
We have a very large bed, so…ladies, if you’d like to try out this energizing technique post some dates you can travel to our area and b.y.o.s.
[/quote]

Bring Your Own Strap-on?

[quote]sen say wrote:
My wife sometimes has the same trouble feeling energized that early in the morning. She works as a nurse also. What really works for her is to take 2 Spike tablets and then climb on top of me for a spirited bout of fornicating.

[/quote]

You are so generous, thank you!
While that would be an ideal solution I don’t think it would work for me on a daily basis, distance and all that.
Thanks for the kind offer though
:wink:

[quote]rondastarr wrote:

While that would be an ideal solution I don’t think it would work for me on a daily basis, distance and all that.

[/quote]

Generous to a fault, that’s me.

Of COURSE it wouldn’t work for you on a DAILY basis…it’s not just the distance that’d be a problem…but, you’d build up immunity just like you did to caffeine…you’d be forced to work longer and longer and more vigorously and longer and longer and oh yeah…more vigorously getting “woked up”…and my wife needs my help every other day and I need SOME sleep.

Still, let me know if you’d like a chance to sleep on it…the suggestion that is…before giving me your final answer…

[quote]sen say wrote:
rondastarr wrote:

Generous to a fault, that’s me.

Of COURSE it wouldn’t work for you on a DAILY basis…it’s not just the distance that’d be a problem…but, you’d build up immunity just like you did to caffeine…you’d be forced to work longer and longer and more vigorously and longer and longer and oh yeah…more vigorously getting “woked up”…and my wife needs my help every other day and I need SOME sleep.

Still, let me know if you’d like a chance to sleep on it…the suggestion that is…before giving me your final answer…

[/quote]

I am impressed with your relocation skills :wink:
If such a method were to work for me I would probably abuse it to the point of gaining a tolerence, and what good would that do me? Not to metion the fact that you have to help your wife and you have need for sleep, it’s possible that there would not be enough of your “services” to go around because my problem might be very demanding and need alot of attention.
So I thank you again for the generous offer but it probably wouldn’t work out
:slight_smile:

[quote]rondastarr wrote:
duke6j wrote:
Rondastarr,
Take 2 Spike tabs with 6-8 oz of grapefruit juice. This works fantastic for me.

That might work out well for me, though I would prefer to take them w/ some actual grapefruit. That is a good suggestion, when I am back to feeling not sick I will keep this thread updated with if I ever saw any results from takeing the Spike. Thanks![/quote]

I found some info on grapefruit from TC. This may explain what I said earlier. See below.

Grapefruit Juice and Supplements
Intestinal cytochrome P-450 is a busy little enzyme. It metabolizes an incredible number of the drugs we ingest.

If, however, you inhibit cytochrome P-450, it doesn’t metabolize the drugs as well, resulting in higher concentrations of said drug.

Certain naturally occuring flavonoids and other chemicals inhibit cytochrome P-450, and they’re found in high levels in broccoli, cabbage, spinach, onions, garlic, and parsley.

However, none contain higher amounts of these inhibitory enzymes than grapefruit juice, which can inhibit enzyme activity by as much as 84% (according to one study). In fact, many pharmacists will warn you not to take certain prescription items with grapefruit juice, as it may result in undesirably high levels of the drug.

However, if you’re careful, grapefruit juice can be used with any number of supplements to either intensify the effect, or make the effect last longer.

While Biotest doesn’t have lab information on all of the product ingredients that are metabolized by cytochrome P-450, the enzyme is surely involved in metabolizing forskolin and yohimbine.

Personally, I’ve found the effects of Carbolin 19, HOT-ROX Extreme, and, unless it’s my imagination, Spike, to be intensified by taking them with 8 ounces of grapefruit juice.

If you try it, use a whole lot of caution!

[quote]duke6j wrote:
rondastarr wrote:
duke6j wrote:
Rondastarr,
Take 2 Spike tabs with 6-8 oz of grapefruit juice. This works fantastic for me.

That might work out well for me, though I would prefer to take them w/ some actual grapefruit. That is a good suggestion, when I am back to feeling not sick I will keep this thread updated with if I ever saw any results from takeing the Spike. Thanks!

I found some info on grapefruit from TC. This may explain what I said earlier. See below.

Grapefruit Juice and Supplements
Intestinal cytochrome P-450 is a busy little enzyme. It metabolizes an incredible number of the drugs we ingest.

If, however, you inhibit cytochrome P-450, it doesn’t metabolize the drugs as well, resulting in higher concentrations of said drug.

Certain naturally occuring flavonoids and other chemicals inhibit cytochrome P-450, and they’re found in high levels in broccoli, cabbage, spinach, onions, garlic, and parsley.

However, none contain higher amounts of these inhibitory enzymes than grapefruit juice, which can inhibit enzyme activity by as much as 84% (according to one study). In fact, many pharmacists will warn you not to take certain prescription items with grapefruit juice, as it may result in undesirably high levels of the drug.

However, if you’re careful, grapefruit juice can be used with any number of supplements to either intensify the effect, or make the effect last longer.

While Biotest doesn’t have lab information on all of the product ingredients that are metabolized by cytochrome P-450, the enzyme is surely involved in metabolizing forskolin and yohimbine.

Personally, I’ve found the effects of Carbolin 19, HOT-ROX Extreme, and, unless it’s my imagination, Spike, to be intensified by taking them with 8 ounces of grapefruit juice.

If you try it, use a whole lot of caution!

[/quote]

I actaully knew that about grapefruit juice but had completely forgotten, even after you mentioned that you used it. Thanks for this article.
This past week, granted I was gettin gover a cold so that probably had something to do w/ it, but I took 2 Spike w/ about 3/4 of a a cup of grape fruit and the juice and I went to the gym.

My workout was normal, I wasn’t overly tired, I was just there working out. When I came home though to get ready for school I actually had to take am 1.5 hour nap before I left :confused: I really hope that was just the cold I had b/c so far it almost seems like Spike makes me more tired, and I hope it isn’t that because I really do want to feel some benefical affect of it.