Question About Recovery?

This may be a stupid question, but I’m curious:

I’m fairly familiar with the way protein helps rebuild muscle after workouts, and how insulin is needed to transport protein to muscles, etc.

Which is why everyone says to drink a carb/protein shake after a workout.

However, what about the next few days afterward? If I work out Monday, and I’m sore on till Wednesday, doesnt that mean that my muscles were rebuilding all of Tuesday?

I hope this makes some sort of sense.

Simple YES!!

Your go to the gym to do damage create a stimulus that causes damage and adaptation. Its out side the gym you heal and grow starting the minute you stop and drink that drink and continuing until you have healed.

Yes likely if you hit it hard its going to take days.

How many carbs are required for recovery? I on a modified version of the V Diet. I have an Metabolic Drive Complete shake every morning and then go to the Low Carb Casein Metabolic Drive for the rest of the day.

On a workout day it is the same plan but with a Surge shake after the lifting session. At this point this does not seem to be enough carbs to recover for an every other day lifting session. My legs are still toasted!

Help me figure out the right amount of carbs to get this recovery process on the way! Thanks!