Question About Recovery

I am a semi-elite level wrestler, 17 years old. I am now starting high school and I have to incooperate 4-6practices a week + working out 2-3 times a week and sprinting, all in one week so my question is…

Recovery wise would the body recover better from something like doing a workout one hour before or after practice. So 3hours total on some days. Or would it be better to evenly split up the work load throughout the week? Any suggestions for optimal performence would be great.

[quote]Rookie21 wrote:
I am a semi-elite level wrestler, 17 years old. I am now starting high school and I have to incooperate 4-6practices a week + working out 2-3 times a week and sprinting, all in one week so my question is…

Recovery wise would the body recover better from something like doing a workout one hour before or after practice. So 3hours total on some days. Or would it be better to evenly split up the work load throughout the week? Any suggestions for optimal performence would be great.[/quote]

Ideally, if you could somehow train in the early AM and then practice in the PM, that would be great!

However if that isn’t “doable”, I’d be more inclined to limit your training to twice per week on non-practice days. Or maybe have one training session AFTER your practice and one training session on a non-practice day. But again, ideally, if you could keep your practice and training on the same day (albeit seperated), that would be perfect.

And make sure you get ample rest and eat (within reason of course, depending on your weight class)

I’ll be able to keep sprints in the PM or AM while practice will be in the other. As for the working out I try to keep it seperate, but between School and a partime job it doesnt always workout like that.

I am about 71kg, making 64kg so right now (early season) , im eating about 3000cals, 2500minimum on the days im not training ( which after tomorrow will be 0). So, once I up my volume, i should easily drop down to about 67-68kg without even cutting cals, just working off my tail. Then its just a few kg cut, still eating about 2500cals a day. :wink: Thanx for the input