Question about Pronator Teres Syndrome

Ok,
      this is a ver common set of problems.

i have been dealing with medial elbow pain on and off for a few years now.
often times id lay off, or just change my excercize selection id be able to deal with it and it would eventually go away. but now its even more probelmatic. i was getting great at chins this past december and could do 25 in a row on one set. but then i used the pervfect pushup system where you pronate the wrist and forearm on the way up, and had the medial pain flare up again.
ive done alot of research into tennis and golfers elbow. and for golfers elbow ive found out that the problem is on the flexor group tendon, but to my surprize, i palpate this region with no pain, the pain seems more around where the pronator teres attaches. and the pain is more duplicated when i do activities that call for pronation. and chins are something that do that as well. i can get waya with wrist curls and there is almost no pain that i can identify at all. bicep curls iritaite it alittle more. but resisted pronation seems to cause the most. i dont have the resources to just go see a sports medicine doc right off the bat. so ive been trying to get through this myself for a while. but i do notice the pronator and the flexor gruop attach in different places , even though close together. i would think that doing balaced forearm training would be a way to remedy this, seeing ass my forearms are week to begin with and predisposed me to this condition im sure. but my question is does anyone know the specific differences between pronator teres syndrome and golfers elbow?

[quote]Arthritisboy wrote:
Ok,
often times id lay off, or just change my excercize selection id be able to deal with it and it would eventually go away. but now its even more probelmatic. i was getting great at chins this past december and could do 25 in a row on one set. but then i used the pervfect pushup system where you pronate the wrist and forearm on the way up, and had the medial pain flare up again.
ive done alot of research into tennis and golfers elbow. and for golfers elbow ive found out that the problem is on the flexor group tendon, but to my surprize, i palpate this region with no pain, the pain seems more around where the pronator teres attaches. and the pain is more duplicated when i do activities that call for pronation. and chins are something that do that as well. i can get waya with wrist curls and there is almost no pain that i can identify at all. bicep curls iritaite it alittle more. but resisted pronation seems to cause the most. i dont have the resources to just go see a sports medicine doc right off the bat. so ive been trying to get through this myself for a while. but i do notice the pronator and the flexor gruop attach in different places , even though close together. i would think that doing balaced forearm training would be a way to remedy this, seeing ass my forearms are week to begin with and predisposed me to this condition im sure. but my question is does anyone know the specific differences between pronator teres syndrome and golfers elbow?
[/quote]

Are you sure you have golfer’s elbow? Golfer’s elbow is pain on the inside of the elbow while Tennis elbow is pain on the outside.

Tennis elbow almost always results in pain with resisted PROnation.

Golfer’s elbow pain typically flares up with grabbing activities with the arm SUPinated.

Remember, chin ups the palms are facing you (supinated) and PULL ups the palms are pronated.

[quote]BReddy wrote:

[quote]Arthritisboy wrote:
Ok,
[/quote]

Are you sure you have golfer’s elbow? Golfer’s elbow is pain on the inside of the elbow while Tennis elbow is pain on the outside.

Tennis elbow almost always results in pain with resisted PROnation.

Golfer’s elbow pain typically flares up with grabbing activities with the arm SUPinated.

Remember, chin ups the palms are facing you (supinated) and PULL ups the palms are pronated. [/quote]

tennis elbow flares up with resisted pronation? are you sure? wow…
i would have figured it was the other way around. I dont know man. im trying to get a new doc right now. but its hard to feel these things. my medial epicondile seems to have pain when pressed on, but wrist curls dont really hurt it at all like you think they would if the flexor group was inflamed. thats why i figerd that the pronation of pull ups would have caused the pronator to get inflamed. and the pronator teres seems to get the most pain with resisted pronation. so this is a hard call to make. i dunno, maybe ill try some pull downs with a supinated grip and see how that feels. and if thats ok ill do nuetral grip pulldwons and supinated pulldowns until im strong enough for the chin ups, ( palms facing me).
and i have been doing the rubber band excercize of openig the chands, and stretching the flexors, but i am not able to use thick rubber bands,… i guess my extensors are very weak. i think what got me here was having forearms proportionately weak to everything else. CT says that strong forearms are a good preventor of elbow injuries. but the prospect that i might have something torn that wont heal scares me to death. this past December i was doing so good with chins… i could do 25 in a row… and then this flared up again… oh well, ill keep trying to resolve it somehow. thanks for your two cents.