Question About my Test Results

So I recently had my testosterone levels checked…mainly to serve as a baseline for future tests…
My results are as follows:

Testosterone… 501 ng/dL…the range: 250 - 1100 ng/dL
Testosterone, Free …57.8 pg/mL… the range: 35.0 - 155.0 pg/mL

Although I am with the ranges as listed above and my doctor said there is nothing to worry about, I feel that the levels are sort of low. I have been experiencing “Andropause” symptoms recently over the past year. If you don’t know what that is, you older guys (like me) should check it out.

I don’t know what to do about the levels. I know certain exercises can raise test. levels. Can anyone suggest anything to help?

Thanks in advance!

Your levels arent that bad. Alot of guys on TRT would love to have 500 Total Test, but some guys dont feel good unitl they get around 800. Its all relative. You should have also tested for TSH and E2 and a bunch of other things that are listed on the TRT stickies. Better go read that before you come back here or you will get your hat handed to you.

studhammer,
Thank you for your response. I joined yesterday, and this was my first post.
I came here seeking answers to things concerning my health, and I thought this was the correct forum to do so.
I am glad you responded as my physician did not mention TSH or E2 tests, and I thank you for that information.
However, with my being a new member, I do not know about TRT stickies, but thank you again for passing along that information.
I do not appreciate your response about reading the stickies or I will get my hat handed to me. That response was, I consider, to be
an overly aggressive response, especially to a new member. I have since flagged your response. I hope in the future we can exchange forum discussions
in a kinder manner.
Thanks again for the information.

We need more info about you, see the first sticky below. Everything also also age relative. See last paragraph to eval your thyroid function and yes it matters.

Your doc says not to worry, he is not worried.

FT is tricky as it is released in pulses with a short half-life. Did you sample a high or low level? TT is a better guide in many cases [for guys not on TRT].

Labs: - always need ranges
TT
FT
E2
CBC
hematocrit
AST/ALT
fasting cholesterol - sometimes too low
fasting glucose

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

I have no idea if you are a new member or not, I’m just telling you what others will tell you. Go read the stickies before going any further. Some guys are not as nice as me :slight_smile: And I just posted a new topic in this forum that even says “Newbies read the stickies first”

This is not the forum to be sensitive on. We are here to help (because I’ve been where you are) but I’m not going to help people that wont do the most basic research. Even without the stickies provided by KSMan, this site has a good search feature. A simple search in the TRT forum on “Test Results” would have yielded a ton of usable info.

For your own sake. Get as educated as possible, otherwise your Dr will leave you feeling helpless, but if you provide him with good science, it will be much harder to dispute you. If, even after presenting him with good info and he resists, then you can in good conscience, dump him and find another (btw, there is a sticky for that too).