Question About Muscles

Is it possible for a muscle to be soft and pliable when not flexed? or is it probably just fat?

thanks for your responses

[quote]stone89 wrote:
Is it possible for a muscle to be soft and pliable when not flexed? or is it probably just fat?

thanks for your responses[/quote]

No, they should be hard as granite whether flexed or relaxed. Of course they will be pliable to a degree when not flexed. The degree will be determined by a few factors. The percentage of fat you carry, the maturity and conditioning of the muscle. If you have never trained and are eighteen percent or higher bodyfat likely they will be pretty soft.

D

yes

I always thought it’d make sense to be soft yah? I mean most of the muscle is made of water. Which is why people dehydrate themselves to look more learner and “harder” (please, no sex puns) right?

I could be completely wrong but I think to some extent it can be soft. Keywords are “to some extent” don’t be a fat ass and say “Hey, this is muscle!”

Muscle does not have to be hard. Look at a martial artist. Unnecessary tension will make them look very hard but will also slow them down. I know that my weak areas tend to be the tightest.(forearms and calves)While the stronger areas are much more supple(quads,triceps,hamstrings).

Yet you must learn to tell the difference between fat and muscle, muscle has a very springy feel while accumulations of fat tend feel more like a sponge. This is based upon my own observations. Based on lifting wieghts, martial practice and massage experience.