Question About Massive Eating

I just started John Berardi’s Massive Eating Reloaded plan, and I can’t help but notice that I am feeling pretty hungry all day long. Could this be due to the fact that this det contains substantially less carbs than my previous one did, or am I just planning my meals incorrectly?

I’m really confused here.

You’re following Massive Eating and you’re hungry?

It sounds like you’re eating way too little.

And why are your carbs low?

What are your stats? That way we can better help you.

Right now i’m 6’1" 190 at 10% BF. I was saying that my carbs were low in comparison to how I used to eat, which was basically a lot of complex carbs. However, I am not feeling very hungry anymore as I have been increasing my calories.

There is one thing that I have been wondering about though, and that is how much of my daily calories should be coming from each macronutrient?  I know JB recommends that 30-35% of total energy intake come from fats, but what percentage of my diet should come from protein and carbs?  I know these may seem like dumb questions, but I really want to give this diet a try, and I just want to make sure I have all of the facts straight.

Given that you weigh 190lbs at 10%, your caloric intake, according the formula outlined in massive eating, should be 4165kcals (this is assuming a light level of activity for daily tasks and a relatively high protein intake).

Assuming a 40C/30P/30F macro split, this would have you consuming -

416g Carbohydrates

312g Protein

139g Fat

Go to the masscalculator at JB’s site.

Make sure your protien is, based on your size, somewhere between 250 grams and 350 grams per day. That is 1000 to 1400 calories from protein. The rest should be split between fat and carbs.

This is way to helpful info, you really should start reading his stuff before being confused by something this basic.

Rolo.