T Nation

Question About HTML Coding

I was wondering if anyone knows or if there is even a way to put a (read on) html or code on site/blog posts. You know when the posts are to long they ususlly have a link at the end that says read rest of post or read on, how does one do that?

[quote]maverick88 wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows or if there is even a way to put a (read on) html or code on site/blog posts. You know when the posts are to long they ususlly have a link at the end that says read rest of post or read on, how does one do that?[/quote]

It’s probably ASP or PHP, though not necessarily, which is way over my head and, no offense, but I have a feeling it’s way over yours too.

Are you trying to link another website? If so you can try this: this text will allow user to click

The part where I wrote “this text will allow user to click” is the one that turns into a a different color so the user can click there.

I’m trying to find an example of what you’re talking about to see where that link takes you to.

I can’t find an example. Put an example of a blog that has a read on link maverick, like the one in tribulus picture.

Analysts Predict Apple 2013: That’s One Wonky Crystal Ball

Foretelling Apple’s next grooves is the national pastime for (some) geeks and an occupational obssession for analysts, who trip over themselves with crazy predictions in “notes” and reports to people with lots of money who want to make more. Forrester just released its big report on what Apple will be like in 2013, and it’s a doozy�??their crystal ball must be a Chinese knockoff, because it completely ignores the actual direction of not just Apple’s wares, but gadgets and media as a whole. An Apple clock radio? Really? More »

Like this you can click on the title and read the rest of the story or click on the more>> at the end to read the rest.

The easiest way for you to deal with this is to use an -tag to open the article or post in a new window.

Or, if you want to you go deeper and learn something in the process you can surf and try to find a suitable snippet of code to do it in style. JavaSript is probably the easiest solution.
It’s been a while since I coded anything, I hope these links are what they used to be.

http://www.webdeveloper.com/
http://www.webreference.com/

Are you trying to add this functionality to a site you’re working on? Or do you, as a poster, want to do this when posting something rather long (e.g. on here)?

If it’s the former, it would depend on the technologies the site is running. Most likely the best way to do it would be AJAX based, but there’s different ways to do it depending on whether you’re using straight HTML and Javascript, PHP, java, .NET, etc…

Thanks guys i figured it out, now instead of starting another thread I thought I would ask this here.

I am trying to implement the Digg it feature on my blog but, I cannot figure out how to have a “digg it” for each post I make. I put a “digg it” on a post about gas prices and when I tried to put it on a post for food prices, digging made it come out to the gas prices post.