T Nation

Question About Hand Care and Calluses

I'm really starting to make some gains my squat is almost 315 and I'm getting my deadlift close to 405. I've ignited a spark and have really been hitting the iron hard I do heavy dumbbell rows and shrugs to help with my grip because it's one of my weak points, but it's really rough on my hands. I actually had a callus rip doing deadlifts today and oh my gosh it hurts like a bitch! I know the chalk dry your hands out, but is there anything special you guys do to your hands? I just probably just need to man up and deal with because I'm not wearing gloves like a pussy

clip them down regularly with finger nail trimmers

[quote]IUHoosiers wrote:
I’m really starting to make some gains my squat is almost 315 and I’m getting my deadlift close to 405. I’ve ignited a spark and have really been hitting the iron hard I do heavy dumbbell rows and shrugs to help with my grip because it’s one of my weak points, but it’s really rough on my hands. I actually had a callus rip doing deadlifts today and oh my gosh it hurts like a bitch! I know the chalk dry your hands out, but is there anything special you guys do to your hands? I just probably just need to man up and deal with because I’m not wearing gloves like a pussy[/quote]

ya pee on your hands like moises alou

Use this to keep your callous smooth and not too thick:

It’s expensive but this one works really well.