T Nation

Question about Free T

Hi guys, long time member here.

I recently had a blood test done to check my TSH, but I also had them check my testosterone levels. Since my DR couldn't really give me a good run down on the difference between total and free testosterone, I'm posting my #s here with some hope that someone here does know.

I am a 21 yr old male, about 190 lbs. Probably 18% bodyfat, I'm guessing. Maybe slightly lower.

% FREE TESTOSTERONE: 3.7% // 2.0-4.0%
TOTAL TESTOSTERONE: 598 // 240-950 ng/dl
FREE TESTOSTERONE: 22.1 // 8-30 ng/dL

Also here's my metabolic panel if anyone wants to take a look and tell me what I can work on/should do:

Sodium: 142 // 133-144 mmol/L
Potassium: 4.0 // 3.4-5.3 mmol/L
Chloride: 105 // 94-109 mmol/L
Total CO2: 32 // 20-32 mmol/L
Glucose: 86 // 65-115 mg/dL
Urea: 22 // 5-24 mg/dL
Nitrogen Creatinine: 1.2 // 0.7-1.3 mg/dL
GFR: >60
Calcium: 8.8 // 8.5 - 10.4 mg/dL

A slight problem:
My WBC was 3.7... which is severely low. Anyone know of ways to boost this count? From what I recall I was in relatively good health at that point in time... I'm a little worried because that's a number someone with leukemia might have.

TSH level was 2.02 if that matters to anyone.. Is it high? Low? Range is 0.50-6.00 uIU/L This blood test result leaves a lot of unanswered questions - I was given zero information.

Thanks for those who take the time :slightly_smiling:

You need to go back and edit your first post to include the lab ranges and units associated with your bloodwork. The numbers themselves are not as helpful as knowing where they fall in the lab range.

Thanks VT. I wasn't sure if these were general ranges or lab specific. I added it to my original post.

do you have any symptoms or issues?

low body temp, problems gaining muscle, hands/feet always cold, and on and on.

if you have symptoms of hypothyroidism, then yes, your TSH of 2.02 could be an issue, and i would ask for:

Free T4
Free T3
Reverse T3
Ferritin
8am Cortisol
D25-OH

Yeah your blood levels look fine. if you are not experiencing any symptoms, I would go about living my life...

I was stagnating weight, intermittent nausea/swelling feeling in my throat, irregular bowel movements, constantly tired... that's why I went and got it tested.