T Nation

Question About Chiropractor

I recently went to a health and wellness show which featured several chiropractic booths. During a free assessment (I have never visited a chiro before) I was told that the chiro could fix my unaligned shoulders (left one is higher than the right). I never really considered this an issue, but the chiropractor told me that it could potentially become more serious down the road and weight training with such a condition would increase the risk of future problems.

Is this true? And is this something I should invest money and time to fix? (my insurance only covers $500/year)

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

BBB thanks for your respsone!

the chiro asked me the same questions...about headaches and neck stiffness. I have never suffered from either - he was apparently surprised by this

As for your recommendation, would I PNF just the right trap (lower shoulder), the left trap (higher shoulder) or both?

Some additional info: from what i can tell, the right shoulder (when im not paying attention) will tend to roll forward, making it lower then the left. when i pin both shoulder blades down and back, the shoulders appear the same height.

BBB,

Aren't pec minor and serratus anterior synergistic? Why do you suggest strengthening the serratus for a protracted right shoulder?

Thanks!

BBB:

thanks again for the information...i will start doing the diesel crew protocol