Question About Blood Sugar Levels

Hey guys, I have a quick newbie question about blood sugar levels and what not.

Quick back story:
Grandpa is diabetic, checks his blood sugar everyday at 4pm before dinner. Anyways, me being the inquisitive 15 year old I am…I am always have him check my blood sugar when he does it also (just curious, that’s all).

Anyways, it’s been about 3 times he has checked it now. Now he has to make sure his blood sugar is between 80-110, which he says is the normal / low side of blood sugar.

Anyways, long story short, the past three days I have checked my blood sugar I have gotten readings of 91, 86, and today 64. My grandma, a nurse, says that is very low for someone my age and I actually should go see if I am something called hypoglycemic.

I felt fine today when I measured in at 64, absolutely fine, but she made me have a glass of my grandpa’s light orange juice to kick it up to 80.

Should I listen to her and get some blood work or something done or just forget about it?

Oh Jesus…

Dude. You cannot keep giving yourself illnesses to avoid eating food.

Blood sugar level fluctuate throughout the day. Even a normal person cannot hold an 80-100 level all day long. The levels spike after eating and drop after prolonged periods of fasting (more than 2 hours).

In your case (where you only eat 1 grape and a piece of bread every 8 hours) I could see why your levels were a [i]tad[/i] low.

Before anyone responds at all to this guy please read the backstory on him (available by searching or reviewing his old posts).

Thank you that is all.

How is this an excuse to avoid eating food >>, in this case since I had a “tad low blood sugar”, I ate something to make it go up… ><

But whatever, I was just curious…sorry.

Oh and for the record, I eat every 2 hours and was extremely puzzled because three hours before having that blood test, I had had a 6 inch sweet onion chicken teryaki from subway on wheat with some trisquit crackers.

Then just 20 minutes before the blood test, some mixed nuts and coffee. So yeah, dontcha think my blood sugar shoulda been normal?!

[quote]friedrice683 wrote:
How is this an excuse to avoid eating food >>, in this case since I had a “tad low blood sugar”, I ate something to make it go up… ><

But whatever, I was just curious…sorry.[/quote]

Your track record speaks for itself.

Oh and for the record, I eat every 2 hours and was extremely puzzled because three hours before having that blood test, I had had a 6 inch sweet onion chicken teryaki from subway on wheat with some trisquit crackers.[/quote]

3 hours vefore is not a good indicator. The proper testing needs to occur at 2 hours. With your fast metabolism I would assume you would be pretty low three hours after eating, especially with all of the exercise you do in a given day.

Coffee and mixed nuts have no effect on your blood glucose levels unless you load that coffee down with sugar.

At 15, being the obsessive fool that you are, STOP TESTING YOUR DAMNED BLOOD SUGAR unless a doctor decides you need to.

F*cking unbelievable.

[quote]vroom wrote:
At 15, being the obsessive fool that you are, STOP TESTING YOUR DAMNED BLOOD SUGAR unless a doctor decides you need to.

F*cking unbelievable.[/quote]

NO tests throw, out the scale, break every damn mirror you see, buy normal size clothes and eat and train your ass off until you fit in them.

Phill

But whatever, I was just curious…sorry.[/quote]

I don’t know what the hell to think of you man. You need to stop being sorry every time you show up here and start listening to the 5000th person that tells you the same thing. From everything you’ve posted there ain’t a damn thing wrong with you that a BUNCH of good food eaten all the time from now on won’t fix.

You have to be about the most good natured guy I’ve ever heard of so it’s hard to get pissed at you, but I don’t understand why you keep driving yourself nuts over one nothing after another. You will have plenty of things for the rest of your life that deserve this kind of attention. For God’s sake, save the cortisol for them.

Am I the only person who is beginning to think that Fredrice is a troll?

No offence to you, fredrice, if you aren’t, but I think these people have spent a lot of time trying to help you, but you seem not to listen. They are well meaning, but are wasting their time, which also happened with other trolls (Mr. Pushups, and that ultimate power guy…)