Question about BBB 3 Day Template

I am not a clever man so I need help figuring out what each cycle looks like in the 3 day version of BBB. If I am not mistaken this same logic will also apply to modifying other 4 day templates to 3 days as well (correct me if I am wrong).

Week 1

Monday
Squat - 5/5/5
Squat - 5x10

Wednesday
Bench press - 5/5/5
Bench press - 5x10

Friday
Deadlift - 5/5/5
Deadlift - 5x10

Week 2

Monday
OHP - 5/5/5
OHP - 5x10

Wednesday
Squat - 3/3/3
Squat - 5x10

Friday
Bench - 3/3/3
Bench - 5x10

So does that mean the rest of the cycle looks like this?

Week 3

Monday
Deadlift - 3/3/3
Deadlift - 5x10

Wednesday
OHP - 3/3/3
OHP - 5x10

Friday
Squat - 5/3/1
Squat - 5x10

Week 4

Monday
Bench - 5/3/1
Bench - 5x10

Wednesday
Deadlift - 5/3/1
Deadlift - 5x10

Friday
OHP - 5/3/1
OHP - 5x10

If so, I guess cycles go from 3 weeks on the 4 day/week version to 4 weeks on the 3 day/week version?

Exactly right.

1 Like

Thanks, man. I know it’s stupid but I just wanted to make sure before I spent a few months on the wrong track.

1 Like

imo what counts should be the gains. wrong track if there is no gains or regression. unless it is important to you to follow a particular program just to show to yourself that you are man enough to carry through something hard - that would be a viable track also imo.

/br bonoboschimp

I have the same question, but i read somewhere that Jim says BBB was not adjustable on a 3 day/week rountine.

So this template would be ok?

If yes, should be possibile to do the BBB assistance on the opposite excercise of the day? So bench 5/3/1 press 5x10 and squat 5/3/1 and deadlift 5x10??

Thanks!

I have found I get the best results with full body workouts on 3 days a week.

If I were you I would try a cycle of this:

Week One
Day One
Squat - 531 sets
Bench - BBB sets

Day Two
Deadlift - 531 sets
Press - BBB sets

Day Three
Squat - BBB sets
Bench - 531 sets

Week Two
Day One
Deadlift - BBB sets
Press - 531 sets

Then week two day two start back with the squat 531 sets and bench BBB sets until you work through everything if that makes sense.

I would add some upper back work in some form or fashion in every workout.

Just my two cents. This template has given me really good results on three days a week

toggs version looks much better. Would not do a full week without squats…