question about 5x5 protocol

Ive heard some people when doing a 5x5 protocol, start low and add weight with each set, and some pick one heavy weight they can do 5 sets of 5 reps with. Personally I would prefer one heavy weight for 5 sets. My question is, are those 5 sets just for bench and other core exercises? Monday for instance I do 4-5 sets of bench, 3 incline, 1-2 flys, then go to triceps and do 4 sets of dips, and maybe 3 sets of skull crushers. So about 16 total sets for my chest/tris. So should I concentrate on 5x5 for bench and dips, and then just stay heavy (3-5 reps) for the rest of my exercises? Also, should I wait until I get all 5 sets with 5 reps before moving up in weight, what if I end up with 5,5,5,4,4, should I add 5 pounds or wait? Thanks in advance.

If you can complete 25 reps its too light, if you cant complete 15 its too heavy

My start weight results in typicaly 5 5 4 4 3, I like to start failing by the third set, I’ll do this weight until I make 24, 25 then go up.

Or you could pick a weight that you can barely make 25 and then shorten the rest periods etc.