Quest to Stength and Mass

Weak point training. A couple of things happened and I had limited time again. (30-40 minutes)

I started with snatch grip deadlifts, because I do not have the energy to do them on the deadlift day.
At first, it felt very strange, but I learned the pattern and it all started to make sense. :smiley:
5x20
5x40
3x10x60

Shoulder press + pull ups superset
3x8x30 + 3x5

Dips + cable row superset
1x5 + 1x10x45
2x8 + 2x10x45

And it was closing time, I would have done some facepulls, traps and calves, but it was closing time and I did not want to be a pain in the ass for the owner. ;D

Although I did not finish it was a very nice workout.

Deadlift explosive today. I had all the time in the world and it seems that this way I have less motivation and the workout is not that intense. :smiley: Still it was a good workout and I managed to increase the volume, since I had more time.

I did a lot of stretching of the hip flexors and piriformis and I think it makes a difference.

Deadlift
5x40
5x70
6x2x80

Deadlift from blocks
2x5x90

I had to do these really quick, because the owner does not let me put the weights above other weights, because he says they will break. So I did it very quick, without him noticing. :smiley:

Deficit deadlift (while standing on a 20 kg weight)
3x6x75

Pull ups
2x6
RISING! :smiley:

Reverse lunges with bar in front squat position. Wow. This is harder than I thought and it involved a lot more muscle groups that I thought. After the first set with only the bar ( I was thinking that I will increase the weight ), my legs,lats and abs were burning. Nice. So I continued using only the bar. :smiley:
3x20x20

Barbell row
3x10x40

I am glad to see that my form is not crooked anymore. Felt really great on both sides. The chest supported row helped me a lot and I will continue doing it so that my form stays right.

Shrugs
3x10x60

Damn, I hadn’t done heavy shrugs in a long time. And they were not even that heavy. :smiley:

Slow, not that intense, but good workout, focusing on technique.

Bench press heavy today. “heavy”

I should have entered bigger numbers on the cube calculator. :smiley:
I had to do it with 70 kg but it was too light, so I did it with 75. Who knew I had so much strength left and such a big pause. So I warmed up normally and started.

Bench press
2x5x40
3x2x75

Technique was perfect on the last sets.

Close grip bench press
Well, according to the program, this had to be done with 75 kilograms. As a realist, I know it is not possible so I did it with 60 kg. I had some minor shoulder pain.
2x3x60

Pause bench press
2x5x65

Chin ups
1x5 bodyweight
2x5x5 DAAAAYUUUUUM

I have to keep progressing. :smiley:

Lateral Shoulder raises
3x10x8 (each hand)

Barbell row
1x10x40
3x10x50

I was feeling it more in the posterior shoulder, but I was not doing it in the rack, maybe that is the reason.

Triceps pushdown
2x10x15

Nice, normal workout with some good moments. :smiley: Intensity was low, but managed to move some weights.

Squat rep day. Decent warm up and stretching.
Squat
5x30
5x60
3x8x85 It felt kind of hard.

Squat with more narrow stance
2x3x80

Squat with pause
2x6x70

This one was the best yet.

Romanian deadlift
5x40
2x10x60

Chest supported row
3x10x14 (each arm)

I did some abs too. It was a nice workout, I got sweaty, pumped, but not that satisfied as when I fit 3000 kg of volume in 30 minutes. :smiley:

Weak point training today. Nice, dynamic warm up.

Snatch-grip deadlift
5x40
5x60
3x10x75

These 3 sets really gased me out. I was breathing, like after sprints… I do not know why. :smiley:

Overhead press
5x30
2x10x40

Superset
Dips + barbell row
2x5 + 2x10x40

Calf raises
1x10x40
1x12x40

Both sets were with a 2 second hold in the upper and lower position.

I was going to do a circuit, but like I said I was really gased out. The workout was moderately short and intense, I did not use big weights, but I enjoyed it.