Quest to 10%

[quote]The Rattler wrote:

[quote]bignate wrote:
your back squat is to high if its 50lbs more than the free squat[/quote]

You mean his box is too high? [/quote]

lol yes.

and how would a low box squat not develop explosive power…
at 15 i think full ROM on box squats are better than overlaoded half box squats.

[quote]marconilegacy wrote:

[quote]Rush88 wrote:
It’s good that you’ve found something positive to be passionate about at a young age. Is it obsessive? Maybe. I can think of alot of other things much worse to get involved in then training. Its also sad that in this day and age when someone dedicates themselves to clean and healthy living its viewed as obsessive but people don’t think twice about the millions of overweight people living off of medications and can barely move properly.[/quote]

Thank you man! And that exactly what.I say, would you rather me spend My time and money on weed? No didnt think so! Many of my family and friends have grown supportive of my padsion and now embrace it but im waiting for the others to come around haha.[/quote]

Yeah man it is good that you’ve decided to invest your time in this while you are young. You’ll be a monster when you hit your 20s.

Sigh it is a lonely life though. All your friends will be staying up late, drinking, eating like shit but having a great time while you set the alarm clock and crash out before 10pm.

just make sure you set aside some time to have fun, friends, sexy women (if your into that) and shit like that.

[quote]Rush88 wrote:
It’s good that you’ve found something positive to be passionate about at a young age. Is it obsessive? Maybe. I can think of alot of other things much worse to get involved in then training. Its also sad that in this day and age when someone dedicates themselves to clean and healthy living its viewed as obsessive but people don’t think twice about the millions of overweight people living off of medications and can barely move properly.[/quote]

Thank you man! And that exactly what.I say, would you rather me spend My time and money on weed? No didnt think so! Many of my family and friends have grown supportive of my padsion and now embrace it but im waiting for the others to come around haha.[/quote]

whats wrong with a lil weed mayne?

[quote]bignate wrote:

[quote]bignate wrote:

lol yes.

at 15 i think full ROM on box squats are better than overlaoded half box squats. [/quote]

Im not doing half box squats, they are about 1 inch above parrallel. Also i DID NOT say that low box squats dont develop power, becasue they do, acctually i beleive they are better for developing power than high(er) box squats. But i currently have a hip problem were if i sink any lower into my squat than parralell my hip starts to really hurt. And one more thing, I only box squat every so often 99% of the time I am doing normal paralell squats

[quote]bignate wrote:

[quote]Rush88 wrote:

Just an example big fella:)whats wrong with a lil weed mayne?[/quote]

Just an example big fella:)

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:

[quote]Rush88 wrote:

Yeah man it is good that you’ve decided to invest your time in this while you are young. You’ll be a monster when you hit your 20s.

Sigh it is a lonely life though. All your friends will be staying up late, drinking, eating like shit but having a great time while you set the alarm clock and crash out before 10pm.

just make sure you set aside some time to have fun, friends, sexy women (if your into that) and shit like that.[/quote]

Thank you!

Yes it is a lonley life, And what you said basically sums up my life haha, but i do it because its what i love and the fire burns hot.

I definatley do set aside time for fun though. (just for the record, yes I’M INTO sexy women;)

[quote]bignate wrote:

[quote]bignate wrote:

lol yes.

at 15 i think full ROM on box squats are better than overlaoded half box squats. [/quote]

Im not doing half box squats, they are about 1 inch above parrallel. Also i DID NOT say that low box squats dont develop power, becasue they do, acctually i beleive they are better for developing power than high(er) box squats. But i currently have a hip problem were if i sink any lower into my squat than parralell my hip starts to really hurt. And one more thing, I only box squat every so often 99% of the time I am doing normal paralell squats[/quote]

makes sense. Youre still beasting i was just curious as to your reasoning. Keep it up mayne.

o and keep growing the hair.

Yesterdays TRAINing

MONDAY: SPEED BENCH
GOAL: MAXIMUM SPEED

BENCH:BAR 2x10
95+LIGHT BANDS 9X3 w/45 sec rest varrying between 3 grips

3 BOARD PRESS-135x3 155x3 175x3
180+light bands 5x5

DB shoulder press 3x max reps

DB rows 3x max reps

chest circuit
10ish reps on each x1 round
decline flie
band flie
90 degree power flie
push ups on bench with a wide grip

sledgehammer swings x30 sec per arm, so total 60 seconds. this is 1 round i did 4 rounds

[quote]yolo84 wrote:
great job for your age
[/quote]
x2, keep it up!

thanky everyone! Here is todays training,

TUESDAY-DAY 2-WEEK 10-LOWER BODY DELOAD
WARM-UP
LEG SWINGS
BB COMPLES W/EMPTY BAR
DEPTH JUMP LANDINGS

SQUAT BAR X10
95x5
115x5
145x5
170x5

dimel deadlifts 185x3x15

back extension w/ light band 2x15 then 1x failure then ditch band and go to failure with bodyweight

pulldown abs 5x15

backward sled dragging 315x40yrds; AMAP in 15min

great progress and excellent game plan from young age.

that seems like more of a deloaded workout than it needs to be, I know there are other ways to do things than CT says but his is all I have in my head at the moment and I thought he says he’d use the same weight but just fewer reps or sets for a deload workout.You don’t feel weaker taking a workout that easy?

[quote]illgixxer wrote:
that seems like more of a deloaded workout than it needs to be, I know there are other ways to do things than CT says but his is all I have in my head at the moment and I thought he says he’d use the same weight but just fewer reps or sets for a deload workout.You don’t feel weaker taking a workout that easy? [/quote]

The way I train is VERY taxing so here is how I set up the main movment in the program. This ia juat an example of what i started with 12 weeks ago, currently im rotating in DE work

Bench: 5/5/5 @65% 75% 85%
Squat:3/3/3% @70% 80% 90%
OHP: 5/3/1 @ 75% 85% 95%
Deadlift:5/5/5 @40% 50% 60%

This is one week, at the start of the next week bench become 3/3/3, squat will be 5/3/1
Ohp will be 5/5/5 delaoad, deadlift will be 5/5/5 ©65,75,85%. The program will carry on like this for as long as you desire if you see what im saying.

The respon this deload was such a light one is for a couple resons

1. I have a hip/glute problem im trying to heal
   2. Dimel deads are supposed to be don light anyway
  3. I had a football practice yesterday in addition to this

To answer your question, yes i do feel atong after this type of day, even tough the weight are LIGHT i work them HARD

I need to bring up my low back so here is the plan of attack

back extensions everday-100 reps on upper body and off days done light only with bodyweight
hard and heavy on lower body days 3x max reps with a weight i can only get about eight reps for

dimel deadlift on upper and lower days-on upper days do 2x20 and on lower body do 5x8

[quote]illgixxer wrote:
that seems like more of a deloaded workout than it needs to be, I know there are other ways to do things than CT says but his is all I have in my head at the moment and I thought he says he’d use the same weight but just fewer reps or sets for a deload workout.You don’t feel weaker taking a workout that easy? [/quote]

The way I train is VERY taxing so here is how I set up the main movment in the program. This ia juat an example of what i started with 12 weeks ago, currently im rotating in DE work

This is one week, at the start of the next week bench become 3/3/3, squat will be 5/3/1
Ohp will be 5/5/5 delaoad, deadlift will be 5/5/5 �©65,75,85%. The program will carry on like this for as long as you desire if you see what im saying.

To answer your question, yes i do feel atong after this type of day, even tough the weight are LIGHT i work them HARD

[/quote]

@marconi - that’s an interesting way of doing things but it doesn’t seem that you are ever really deloading especially during football season. As a long time user of 531 myself, it appears to me that you are scattering the effects of the program. Why aren’t you using the same percentages for all the lifts week to week? That way, you get a true delaod and thus the benefits of the deload. If I recall from one of Wendlers articles, he says that young guys don’t even need to deload, but during a season I have a feeling that he’d recommend it. You have to remember that your body is a system and to let it all recover, not just a bodypart at a time. Just my 2 cents…

Your training and numbers look great though and I’m envious that you aren’t just passionate but also smart enough to use these protocols at a young age.

Great stuff so far, young man. It’s really refreshing to see someone at your age with such a mature appreciation for training and I echo what the above poster said about your passion and working knowledge of your programming. Really impressive work so far and you will go far with your level of dedication.

You’re smart to protect your joints too, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

I have a son your age and is into sports and lifting. I’m going to show him your log and progress because I want him to see what you can achieve by giving something your all.

[quote]hughgrection wrote:

[quote]illgixxer wrote:

Ohp will be 5/5/5 delaoad, deadlift will be 5/5/5 �?�©65,75,85%. The program will carry on like this for as long as you desire if you see what im saying.

[/quote]

@marconi - that’s an interesting way of doing things but it doesn’t seem that you are ever really deloading especially during football season. As a long time user of 531 myself, it appears to me that you are scattering the effects of the program. Why aren’t you using the same percentages for all the lifts week to week? That way, you get a true delaod and thus the benefits of the deload. If I recall from one of Wendlers articles, he says that young guys don’t even need to deload, but during a season I have a feeling that he’d recommend it. You have to remember that your body is a system and to let it all recover, not just a bodypart at a time. Just my 2 cents…

Your training and numbers look great though and I’m envious that you aren’t just passionate but also smart enough to use these protocols at a young age. [/quote]

First off, thank you for the kind words. The reason for never really deloading is because i never really feel i need it but I will during football season. I am not currently in-season, just me and a couple buddys practiced yesterday.The reason for rotating my lifts like I do is so that i never acctually take a full delaod week, although i will if i feel i need it.

[quote]Jackie_Jacked wrote:
Great stuff so far, young man. It’s really refreshing to see someone at your age with such a mature appreciation for training and I echo what the above poster said about your passion and working knowledge of your programming. Really impressive work so far and you will go far with your level of dedication.

You’re smart to protect your joints too, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

I have a son your age and is into sports and lifting. I’m going to show him your log and progress because I want him to see what you can achieve by giving something your all. [/quote]

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, words of encouragment from other lifters means alot to me!
and tell your son that it take dedication,sacrifice,perserverence and a certain level of mental toughness to acheive your dreams, and dont let ANYONE hold you back no matter what they say! persevere and you WILL conquer!

Great Job on your progress way to go.

What is your diet like for the most part. Would you go into detail on it, please?

Bryan