Quattro Dynamo

A few weeks ago, I read Waterbury’s article “Quattro Dynamo.” The way he presented it made my eye pop out of my head. It looks like the best of all worlds, max strength, endurance, hypertrophy, and explosive power all at the same time for the whole body. Has anyone tried a similar program before and how did it work out? Also, what happens if 2 15 min low intensity training gets substituted w/ hiit for the same amount of time? I want to pack on another 10-15 lbs in the next month and a half, but I have to retain my speed.

You can try the HIIT aerobic training method, but it might be too taxing on your recovery rates. I would advise you to perform the program as prescribed. Let me know how you progress.

It looks like the best of all worlds, max strength, endurance, hypertrophy, and explosive power all at the same time for the whole body. Has anyone tried a similar program before and how did it work out?

It’s nothing more than effective conjugate periodisation. The conjugate method is also what the Westside template is based on. The difference is that Westside is designed to improve a powerlifter’s strength, and Mr. Waterbury has used a cojugate scheme and optimized it for total body hypertrophy.

I havent used the program, but there isn’t a doubt in my mind that it would be damn effective, as long as you avoid overtraining.

Waterbury’s a big dude,
Ryan

Today was day 1 and actually, it was my 1st workout after a 2 week break. It sucked having to wait on people to finish reps on other equipment because of super setting, but I must say this is one of the more intense workouts I’ve tried. My legs felt sore during the rest of my lifts. I also took down all my stats, so I can chart weekly progress.
Weight-236
bf-24.4, I know, it’s embarrassing
chest-44.5"
biceps R/L-15"/15.5"
quads-27" each
2 final thoughts, the 1 ounce of water/ lb of lean weight is a must. Both quads crampped up when i got up to stretch after doing some work before my nap. And NAPS ARE A MUST, you will feel 2 hours later anyway, so sleep isn’t an issue.