Quasi-Isometrics On What Training Day?

Hello CT,

a quick question on which kind of training day (in terms of qualities like (strenght-skil, speed, limit strenght …) you want to train) it’s best to use quasi isometric reps ?

In a Max Effort - Dynamic Effort Split training on which day it’s better suited or is it the same on both days?

Also what’s the reason that you have combined for example in the layer system (quadruple strenght layers variation if you remember this ) all kinds of different special strengths into 1 workout? It obviously worked but I have also heard (from other trainers) that if you train Max Effort and speed training on the same day that it’s “bad” as it confuses your brain. How are these informations connected to each other ?

The layer system doesn’t use dyanamic effort. It uses a max effort ramp, clusters which are two slow-speed strength methods and then 2 more bodybuilding methods, which is the same as doing bodybuilding work after max effort, but using the same main lift.

Look at a max effort day

A. Max effort lift working up to a 1RM

B. Secondary heavy lift normally done for sets of 4-6

C. 2-4 assistance exercise bodybuilding style

And layers

A. Ramp to 1, 2 or 3RM

B. 2-3 sets of clusters for 4-6 reps

C. HDL (one sets of 5/4/3/2/1 rest/pause)

D. Slow eccentrics

Both stuaitons uses pretty much the same intensity zones.

BTW, I don’t believe in the “don’t train two physical capacities in the main workout” … I think it’s just a “theory” to sound scientific… otherwise how do you explain how olympic lifters who do strength-speed, speed-strength and strength work in every workout get stronger? And how do you explain the efficacy of the Russian contrast which consists of pairing a strength and a speed-strength exercise as a complex.

You can use them on any day. It can serve a purpose on all of them depending on the application.

Thank you for your response. I was talking about the “quadruple strenght layers” , however I can’t find your thread where you introduced them.
The quadruple strenght layers were a special “fixing weakness” approach for strenght gains in a lift. It had 4 layers:
1.) Movement strenght (Example: 2RM ramp)
2.) positional strenght (5 Sets of 3 with double pause)
3.) explosive strenght (jump squats with 30% )
4.) muscle strenght (bottom-half Squats 3 Sets 8-10 reps)

Uhm i can’t : P I just tell you what I have heard : ) thanks for answering.

One thing I find funny is that many strength coaches like to quote olympic lifters as examples to follow… yet give training recommendations that goes against what olympic lifters really do in their training.

For example strength coaches going on and on on how great the training of weightlifters is yet recommending body part splits like chest/back, legs/ arms or talking shit about whole body training (hello, olympic lifting is whole body training) or as you mentioned, saying that you can’t mix different strength qualities in the same sesison, yet that’s olympic lifters always did.

And also quoting olympic lifters as examples of perfect squat mechanics, yet making fun of those who squat with plates under their heels … hello, olympic lifiting shoes have a an elevated heel similar to using plates!

And I could go on and one. The thing is that most coaches want to be seen as THE expert and they try to sell you on their approach so they try to make themselves look more scientific than they really are.