Quarantine Movie Thread

Honestly, I went in expecting it to suck and it was a good movie. There’s been such a lack of quality horror movies lately, I was pleasantly surprised.

The last 10 minutes had me completely on edge.

Anybody else see it?

I’m going to see it in a couple hours, glad to see you liked it. I thought previews looked good, and I enjoy catching horror flicks in a theater setting.

I’ll tell you what i think after the showing.

[quote]IronAbrams wrote:
Honestly, I went in expecting it to suck and it was a good movie. There’s been such a lack of quality horror movies lately, I was pleasantly surprised.

The last 10 minutes had me completely on edge.

Anybody else see it?[/quote]

The last really good one was the Dawn of the Dead remake. Could it hold its own compared to that?

It’s a remake of a spanish movie called [REC] which came out in 2006 I think.

yes, the last 10 minutes were scary as shit

I really wanted to see it, even though my friends told me it was going to be a campy B-movie. It looked pretty fucking interesting, though. Overall thoughts without spoilers? Should I get really baked before I see it?

It’s one of the few movies that have used the first person camera successfully ala Blair Witch Project and Cloverfield. But you actually get to see what’s eating people’s faces unlike Blair Witch and it is just plain better than Cloverfield (although I did like it).

I’d say it’s at least as quality as the Dawn remake.

It’ll probably be pretty funny for the first half hour or so if you get high, then shit goes to town and it won’t be nearly as happy. Your decision :D.

Wow, I had a great time watching this movie. It was pretty horrifying, but I didn’t really get a B movie campy feel. I think this style of movie really allows for a more complete suspension of disbelief.

It’s really easy to imagine yourself as one of the characters. Sadly I think movies like this are only very effective on the big screen. I caught Cloverfield in theaters and loved it, but when it came out on dvd and a buddy bought it I thought it looked pretty poor on a tv.