Quality of Macronutrients for Body Comp?

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:
Gymjunkie wrote:
JMoUCF87 wrote:
Gymjunkie wrote:
NDucedStrength98 wrote:
Gymjunkie wrote:
2) when total calorie and protein intakes are matched, ketogenic diets offer NO measurable advantage over non-ketogenic diets

Um, this is not true(trying to be nice here).

Upon changing to a full ketogenic diet and eating MORE calories, I gained muscle and lost fat. Simply due to my insulin resistance…I hate to break it to you, but the body operates more like a chemistry lab, not a calorie counter.

Not here to argue, just what I have experienced first hand with myself, my friends and ALL of my own coaches clients.

GJ

I completely agree with you. I as well have also experienced gains in lean mass and loss in bodyfat when i switched to ketogenic style diets. I started to see all of my abs by eating close to 25-30g of fat per meal. Most people would say im crazy, but i’ve LOST fat by eating this way. Also carbs= water retention (especially in my case). Your body does react more like a chemistry lab than a calorie counter. Some of you people get too crazy with numbers. I have been eating cheeses, butter, and, fatty cuts of meat in my diet, and have seen results.

It’s great…at first, it didnt make any sense as to why, but you can’t argue with proof, can you.

Typically, those with issues with insulin handle this type of diet very well. I will add carbs back in when I improve my insulin sensitivity, and even then it will be paloe carbs.

GJ

since when does subjective personal experience count as “proof” of anything?

If you’re privy to an as-yet-undiscovered mechanism in the human body that allows one on a keto diet to lose more fat (while apparently gaining muscle) at an equal caloric intake, I’d love to hear it.

wait wait…lemme guess, its got something to do with “teh fat-storing hormone insulinzz” right?

help me out here.

From all the posts that I have read of yours, you seem unable to or willing to believe that DIFFERENT THINGS WORK FOR DIFFERENT PEOPLE. You have made mentioned on numerous occasions now that regardless of the macronutrients, you have to simply be in a deficit to lose fat. I and many others I know have tried it this way and I simply lost strength, muscle and fat with it all. Yet whilst dieting using a ketogenic approach, I experienced FAR better results. Later, after seeking the help of a biosignature practioner, I found that I was rediculously insulin resistant and that why I respond well to this diet.

I am not saying that you are wrong, rather that there are other approachs to this crazy game.

GJ

while I commend your civility, and acknowledge the fact that some people do better on low carbs while other do better on high carbs (due to insulin sensitivity, training volume, and other factors) I do not agree that this necessitates a ketogenic approach (not that there’s anything wrong with keto diets per se)

If someone is “carb intolerant”, they can certainly do well on a diet of, say 40%F/30%C/30%P. Furthermore, with regards to gaining muscle, the keto approach is probably the WORST way to go about it IMO.[/quote]

Your argument is fair. I do agree that a diet HIGHER in carbs will facilitate more muscle growth, providing the individual is insulin sensitive as the carbs will be utilised, going straight into the muscle.

GJ