Quality of Life is a State of Mind

[quote]Comrade wrote:
Now that I’ve got your attention. slow eyebrow raise

Y’know, over the last decade or so, I’ve witnessed many friends and associates living beyond their means via credit - attempting to achieve something that perhaps is never there…they pay Ã???Ã??Ã?£200 for a shirt and for a night they feel like a Hollywood star but the next day it’s back to pot noodles…

as far as Im concerned, quality of life is all in your head - I try and hang my everyday life arond weekly events - over a year I go to the cinema 52 times, I read 12 books, I attend the theatre monthly, have a season ticket in the best seats and generally feel fairly absorbed in culture - add to this a couple of holidays and my own unique day (I tend to wake around 7am…straight to the gym then two hours later I pop into work for a couple of hours before lunch…I then take a siesta period of four hours before returning to the office around 4pm till 8pm…then arrive home about 20.30…

fortunatley, I live in a flash house and drive a luxury car but that means nish if it’s not spick and span … so it always is…theres no room for any rubbish in my Universe - all more musics online or vinyl - I have exquiste taste in rare groove funk and my book shelves are full of books).

Anyhows - I think Ive got it just right at the moment, the crest of a wave Ive been on for several years is down to hard graft but also guile - so I say this to you friends - whatever your position in life, live for yourself…DONT SPEND MONEY ATTEMPTING TO IMPRESS FOLK THAT YOU DONT EVEN LIKE - love is free so give it out in bucket loads, R.E.S.P.E.C.T your Mother and Family beyond belief and dont let friends problems add to your own - we face tough times ahead people but with a can of Pledge, a bottle of Shake N Vac and some Brasso everything can be that little bit better.

Join me people - I come from the roughest background of anyone I know in this country and while Im not a millionaire, Im a zillionaire in contentment terms - this is via clean living, clean lines and clean (1000 stitch per square inch Egyptian) linen.

WE CAN DO THIS THING.
[/quote]

Jonathan Goldsmith. That you?

I’m shutting down the studio

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
I think you should live life to please the senses. Things that give you the visual, auditory, tactile, taste and smell will always be the most rewarding. Oh yea, also feed the soul every once in a while too.

Only hollowed out shells of men need to feed their souls. My soul is abounding in richness so that I may feed others from it.

DB

Yea I read up above, how your shit smells like Chanel No. 5, and I am graced by every stride I take past a perfume counter all because of you. I simply must know what your secret is.

There’s no secret, my man. It’s just keepin’ it real with good, clean living on my terms and generally speaking, just being the best man on the planet.

DB
[/quote]
And just for 2 easy payments of $59.99, you too can learn the secrets that aren’t really secrets for a clean living kinda life of our friend Good Ol’e Dolla Bill!. Hurry now, these aree flying off the shelves, we can’t keep them from going out the door so fast!. And if you order in the next 5 seconds, we’ll send you Comrade’s Europena version of the same secretes that aren’t really secrets! Act Now!

Get Yours TODAY!

[quote]SSC wrote:
I’m way too selfish and cheap to spend money on something that doesn’t benefit me or make me happy in some way, shape, or form.

I’ve known this since I started making money.[/quote]

This X 9000.

Also - “dont let friends problems add to your own”

I’m torn on this. I don’t let my friends problems ADD to mine, but I certainly listen to their problems and try to help in any way I can. I do this because I know they’d do, and currently do, the same for me.

There is a line between being self interested and being selfish :wink: