Quality Bar Discussion

[quote]KGeorge wrote:

guys, please help. Is what can be seen from the link above, the York training bar that some of you’ve been referring to? It’s listed as Ã?£59.95 or about 70 euros and free delivery from the French amazon site. It sounds a bit too good to be true. Is it?

PS: regarding purpose: I’m looking at a good bar to do cleans with at home. 3 days a week we do the full lifts at the gym with decent to very good bars. I have an option to buy one of the old and little bent bars from the gym for 50 euro, so I was wondering if the York bars would have been a better buy instead.[/quote]

That is too good to be true. That bar on Amazon is made by “York Fitness.” The bar that people are talking about here, the o-lifting bar, is made by “York Barbell,” an entirely different company.

just bought a Pendlay bearing bar. did it real fast before I would re-consider the dent in my bank account, haha.

[quote]Avocado wrote:
I can highly recommend the pendlay bearing bar. I have trained extensively on it the last 4-5 months. I havent been able to make it to the gym to use the elikos. Had to train at work with my pendlay 5-6 workouts per week. I would personally take it over the elikos at this point.

-chris[/quote]

I’ll 2nd/3rd this recommendation. Saw some video reviews on it over at this site: http://www.crossfitequipmentreviews.com/crossfit-gear/olympic-barbell

The Pendlay bearing bar I bought doesn’t have center knurling. I shouldn’t be too concerned about this right?

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
The Pendlay bearing bar I bought doesn’t have center knurling. I shouldn’t be too concerned about this right?[/quote]

I think this is a plus. It tears the shit out of my neck when doing cleans.

I just went to that site that was listed above your post, had some good videos/info… made my decision to buy the Pendlay bar a lot easier over others.

Cool. It should be here on Monday, can’t wait!

I know this thread is old but I didn’t want to make a new one.

I was thinking of getting the TaiShan competition bar from StrengthShop.de. Its only 600 euro (+70 euro shipping to Ireland).

Anyone ever trained on one of these?