T Nation

Quadro Vodka: Smarter Than Me?

So my buddy, who has more spending money then I do, bought a bottle of “Ultra Premium” Quadro vodka and we couldn’t get the damn bottle open. I don’t know if we just got a defective bottle and cap or what, but we had to break the plastic part of the cap off the bottle and jam a plastic pourer in to get the good stuff out. I’m going to write them and tell them their bottle doesn’t work.

What gives?

were u already drunk?

[quote]conorh wrote:
So my buddy, who has more spending money then I do, bought a bottle of “Ultra Premium” Quadro vodka and we couldn’t get the damn bottle open. I don’t know if we just got a defective bottle and cap or what, but we had to break the plastic part of the cap off the bottle and jam a plastic pourer in to get the good stuff out. I’m going to write them and tell them their bottle doesn’t work.

What gives?

[/quote]

Maybe it was a childproof cap? Just kidding! :slight_smile:

Well, we called up this Natasha from Bullwinkle sounding gal at the main office yesterday and she told us that it has some sort of super high tech vacuum sealed bottle and that the liquor was just sealed up inside. All we needed to do was put the cap back on and shake vigorously to break the seal.

I guess that’s what you get from a companys that claims “Ultrapremium quality of vodka is guaranteed by a unique distillation technology based on a combination of traditional Russian technique and state-of-the-art Russian space technologies.”

I guess this kind of makes up for that whole Cold war space race thing.

So how did it compare to the other top shelf vodkas out there (Grey Goose, Belvedere, etc.)?

I really liked it, but I’m not much of a vodka drinker, since my freshman days double fisting bottles of six dollar vodka.

I could actually drink this on the rocks, which I normally can’t/won’t do with vodka.

My roomate who is a manwhore for vodka said he liked it about as well as Grey Goose.

My roomate who is a manwhore for vodka

[/quote]

That was a great description of your roommate! Love it!!!

[quote]conorh wrote:
I really liked it, but I’m not much of a vodka drinker, since my freshman days double fisting bottles of six dollar vodka.

I could actually drink this on the rocks, which I normally can’t/won’t do with vodka.

My roomate who is a manwhore for vodka said he liked it about as well as Grey Goose.

[/quote]

All vodka tastes the damn same to me…anybody get that 4 dollar fifth of “charcoal filtered vodka” with just VODKA written on the front? You’d reek of alcohol, but mix it with some OJ and it would taste the same as any other kind.

I just came across a little known fact about vodka…(I have an interest in anything of the sort LOL), but seriously it was just reported on one of our local tv newsstations that vodka actually keeps your skin/pores cleaned out so that you aren’t as susseptible to acne and breaking out! No wonder I always get complimented on my complexion~ :slight_smile:

[quote]TACHICK wrote:
I just came across a little known fact about vodka…(I have an interest in anything of the sort LOL), but seriously it was just reported on one of our local tv newsstations that vodka actually keeps your skin/pores cleaned out so that you aren’t as susseptible to acne and breaking out! No wonder I always get complimented on my complexion~ :)[/quote]

Why are you drinking if you’re pregnant?