Quad Sweep vs Genetics

[quote]Kinetix wrote:
PPP,
One thing I am definately not buying is that being too large will intimidate your clients. I’ve seen some BIG personal trainers (a friend of mine is a national level competitor) and they are just as busy as us more regular looking guys. As long as you aren’t marching around in a string tank top you should be fine. Now I’m not suggesting that you balloon up to 245lbs. I’m just saying that a slow controlled gain in muscle mass (i.e., 10lbs over a year or so) will not make you look freakish, but it certainly will bring up your legs. You ain’t going to grow nothin’ in a caloric deficit.

Hope that helps.

[/quote]

Well said.

2004 bump

[quote]Professor X wrote:
2004 bump[/quote]

Is this what you do when your bored?

[quote]optheta wrote:

2004 bump[/quote]

Is this what you do when your bored?[/quote]

No.

This is the only thing I do in public when I’m bored.

I think this has a purpose and very simple but not grasped messages.

[quote]MEYMZ wrote:
I think this has a purpose and very simple but not grasped messages.[/quote]

That was why I bumped it…plus, people need to know that most of the questions even asked now have been answered in great detail years ago on this site and all they have to do is look.

[quote]MEYMZ wrote:
I think this has a purpose and very simple but not grasped messages.[/quote]

That was why I bumped it…plus, people need to know that most of the questions even asked now have been answered in great detail years ago on this site and all they have to do is look.[/quote]

Just wanted to say the Search engine on this site is horrible…

Agree, it would be good if they had a normal search page like all forums. Don’t know it has the current format…

I am assuming that your goal is to gain more weight? I am not knocking weighing 195lbs, but after 15 years of training, even though your body fat level is extremely low, I would expect the goal to be to weigh more than you currently do if the goal is more mass (and thusly more sweep) on your legs. All of the training routines in the world won’t do a thing unless you plan to gain more body weight to justify adding this mass in that area. It is a possibility that your effort to remain at a lower body fat percentage maybe keeping you from that. Why are you 7% body fat? Are you about to do a contest? I am asking because I know many people grow best above 10% body fat. I also know that the current push to stay extremely lean can hold back progress.[/quote]

I dunno man, 15 years and all may be a long time to not be huge, but 195 lbs @ 5’10 and 7-8% bodyfat is pretty good IMHO…

IF he is actually what he claims.

Oh snap 2004!

Then again, not everyone has the genetics for quad sweep. Big Bertil Fox had well developed quads, but his sweep was not impressive.

Nice bump, i’ve been guilty of pulling up some ancient ones after doing a search on a topic. Better to add thoughts to the existing thread and let people look over some good stuff already posted than to start over again.

I think its funny how most people who have a question really know what they are doing wrong, it often comes out after the first couple of suggestions. This guys had to know that if he wanted to get bigger legs he should stop pretty much ignoring his hams/glutes and eat a bit more.

I know this has been discussed before but do you think that once you get more advanced it is harder to bring up a lagging bodypart? do you think that peoples development slows after a certain (individual) total muscular bodyweight making it hard to bring up a weak point (legs in this instance) or would that muscle respond like a newbies if you had neglected it and then started training it properly.

PS, this is not intended to start another debate about genetic limits of lean bodymass, and I’m not definately saying the op is anywere near that.

[quote]Kinetix wrote:

You ain’t going to grow nothin’ in a caloric deficit.

[/quote]

+1

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Then again, not everyone has the genetics for quad sweep. Big Bertil Fox had well developed quads, but his sweep was not impressive.[/quote]

Exactly. While I like to think I’ve improved my own quads the last year or so, to be completely honest, they’re never going to have that nice round sweeping VL that some guys with much smaller legs have. Mine (and I’ve noticed a few other competitors’ as well) have more of a boxy/rectangular effect. Nothing I can do is ever going to change my genetically determined muscle shape.

S