Quad Routine Advice

Just get your squat up to 495 for reps, or front squat to 365 for reps, and keep hammering away at some higher rep stuff and getting stronger on widowmakers, and put on 30-50lbs of bodyweight, and I’m sure you’ll get the results you’re after.

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:
Just get your squat up to 495 for reps, or front squat to 365 for reps, and keep hammering away at some higher rep stuff and getting stronger on widowmakers, and put on 30-50lbs of bodyweight, and I’m sure you’ll get the results you’re after.[/quote]

+1

[quote]Short Hoss wrote:
G87 wrote:
BantamRunner wrote:
I have a quad dominant day and a hammy dominant day.

I don’t know why you would elect NOT to have seperate days for quads and hamstrings/lower back. It always seemed intuitive to me.

I personally don’t have a single day, but I do like to split up Quads and Hams by am and pm.

[/quote]

True, I guess that could work. On the other hand, my hams and lower back take quite a beating from squats, so doing deads later on would still be overkill. (FOR ME).

I guess my logic is, legs and lower back are at least half of my body… Why would I leave that half to just one day, and dedicate 3-4 days to the other half?

[quote]Iron-Hoosier wrote:
Hey guys, new here, although I have been lurking for over a year. I just had a question about what you all do for your quads. I have good legs and good size on them (25" at last measure). I just feel like I’m not getting enough from leg extensions. My leg routine looks like this.

Squats 225x10 (warm-up), 275x8, 315x5, 365x2-3, 315x5

[/quote]

If you do the same weights every time you go to the gym, then its no wonder your legs aren’t getting bigger.

Squat more.

Add 50 pounds of bodyweight, right. 5’10 weighing 245, not happening, I prefer to build the natural way. No offense to those that do use gear, just not my cup of tea. At most I can put on 20-25 pounds of lean muscle and I guarantee that will take at minimum 2-3 years to do. And who said I did the same weight every week? That weight was just the current weight I’m doing.

I try to increase the weight or add a rep every week. Funny how you ask a simple question, and get everything but the answer. I have been reading here for a long time and I see the same responses to every question. Gain weight, lift heavy shit, eat right, blah blah fucking blah. All I asked and wanted to know is what lifts yall use to get the most benefit to your quads. That’s it.

I’m done with this thread anyway I got what I needed, thanks to the few of you who offered actual good advice. Funny how you guys on here look and somebody’s post count and join date and correlate that to a guy’s lifting experience. Anyway, good day to all, flame away. I have no need to return to this thread, so I won’t see it anyway.

I notice more VMO involvement when I push with the balls of my feet instead of my heels. This goes for squats, hacks and leg presses.

[quote]Iron-Hoosier wrote:
Add 50 pounds of bodyweight, right. 5’10 weighing 245, not happening, I prefer to build the natural way. No offense to those that do use gear, just not my cup of tea. At most I can put on 20-25 pounds of lean muscle and I guarantee that will take at minimum 2-3 years to do. And who said I did the same weight every week? That weight was just the current weight I’m doing.

I try to increase the weight or add a rep every week. Funny how you ask a simple question, and get everything but the answer. I have been reading here for a long time and I see the same responses to every question. Gain weight, lift heavy shit, eat right, blah blah fucking blah. All I asked and wanted to know is what lifts yall use to get the most benefit to your quads. That’s it.

I’m done with this thread anyway I got what I needed, thanks to the few of you who offered actual good advice. Funny how you guys on here look and somebody’s post count and join date and correlate that to a guy’s lifting experience. Anyway, good day to all, flame away. I have no need to return to this thread, so I won’t see it anyway. [/quote]

Holy fucking shit, sensitive much?

You posted your “leg routine” and then posted the weights. Sorry if you were misleading with your post.

As to you what don’t think you can do, that’s fine. Sell yourself short, no one here really cares if you do. No one cares if you prefer to do things “the natural way”, but your thinking is severely limiting your potential.

You want to know why almost every question on here has the same basic answer? Because this shit isn’t that complicated, that’s why. Do you honestly think you’re too advanced with your 385 squat to continue to make gains on your 22" thighs simply by squatting more weight?

Did you come here from the getbig forums by any wild chance…

Front Squats, high rep machine hack squats (rest pause), bulgarian split squats, leg press with feet low and heels together, pushing off the toes

if you have a sled, sled dragging is great for the VMO if you do it right.

I just noticed…or wasn’t paying attention in the first place…

You’re doing no iso-lateral movements. Do Bulgarian Split Squats or any other kind of single leg movement. Instead of regular deads back to back with squats (because your deads will suffer), do RDL after Squat. Do deads on your back day because really they are a great back developer and with the heavier weight you will be able to pull you’ll develop huge traps.

A1) Squat
A2) RDL

B1) Lo-Close Leg Press
B2) Prone Leg Curl or Natural Glute Ham Raise

C1) Bulgarian Split Squat

If you insist on doing Deadlifts do them toward the middle or end, not right after squats. Those two back to back will make the rest of your workout like shit.

If you want an alternate to leg extension how about the “Sissy Squat”. Just try not to fall on your ass.