Quad Pain After Test Injection

Yesterday I did a test injection in my left quad and today I’ve been experiencing a lot of pain and soreness as well as some swelling. The pain and swelling is in my lower quad and upper knee so about 6 inches lower than the injection site. No redness. The best way to describe it is it feel like I have a huge knot in my quad.

It was my first dose at 0.75 ml after upping it from 0.5 ml. It was definitely the most painful injection I’ve had but nothing too memorable.

When I woke up today I figured it was just sore from yesterdays workout but now with the swelling and I I’m starting to doubt it. This seems like a common enough issue and this is only day 2 but I like to be cautious with things. Is there anything I should look for that would indicate something serious or should this just go away with some anvil and an ice pack and a few days?

What gauge needle are you using?

I had a very similar experience a few weeks ago.
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/hub/Teufel0317#myForums/thread/5889263/

I didn’t have any swelling though. Watch for discoloration and keep an eye on the swelling. It should start healing in a day or two… I’m only speaking from my experience of course. Never really got a definitive answer on what causes it but I pinned again in my other quad and didn’t have the same problem, although it was still a little sore. Went back to glutes for remainder of the cycle.

[quote]Teufel0317 wrote:
I had a very similar experience a few weeks ago.
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/hub/Teufel0317#myForums/thread/5889263/

I didn’t have any swelling though. Watch for discoloration and keep an eye on the swelling. It should start healing in a day or two… I’m only speaking from my experience of course. Never really got a definitive answer on what causes it but I pinned again in my other quad and didn’t have the same problem, although it was still a little sore. Went back to glutes for remainder of the cycle.
[/quote]

Thanks, hopefully it starts to feel better tomorrow. I’ve actually never tried glutes cause I got a penicillin shot there that hurt like hell, maybe I should give it a go though.

I’m using 23 gauge 1 inch

SubQ oil injections from backloaded slin pins. Bye bye pain and scar tissue; never looking back. At least not until I have to inject 2-3 CC a day, why not just do a little bit every day, and get more stable blood levels to boot?

had the same thing happen right away. It just takes the muscles getting used to it. Now I use a 25 gauge 1 inch pin. Poor a glass of warm water about 3/4 of the height of your vial, let it soak and warm, take a warm shower, draw with a 20 gauge, switch to a 25 to pin, upper outer quadrant of quad pin. Trust me on this it will be sore the first couple of times but it gets much better. 5 weeks in and any pain is marginal and gone within 2 days. (tried slin pin 1 cc and took about 3 fucking minutes and hurt like a bitch the next day, to much pressure and time for me at least).

You’ll get used to it, I pin 1.5cc’s ED right now and honeslty PiP Ain’t nothing but a peanut.

So what’s a better location for a first timer? Quads or glutes? For quads I have 25g 5/8" length. For glutes I have a 22g 1 1/2". Not trying to hijack op’s thread, just can’t decide where to pin first.

I did lateral quad only for a long while. Then I found ventral glute, best IM site there is.