Qs for Trump Supporters

So it’s that simple for you huh … all of America’s founding boiled down to immigrants, genocide and slavery huh … that’s what passes as an accurate evaluation in your world … good to know.

2 Likes

Short answer yes it is that simple, I guess I should have added tax dodging. Read the longish version. What part was inaccurate?

YES

All countries and cultures celebrate their past ancestors conquests, why do you penalize only Americans for it?

Are Mexicans ashamed of their brutal history or do they celebrate them?

Are the Mongolians ashamed on Genghis Khan? NO they celebrate him.

If you hold different standards one group and different ones for another you display your bigotry

cough cough Germany cough cough

2 Likes

Accuracy conveys a sense of completeness in ones analysis. You seem to be implying that your evaluation is concise in that the founding of the United States of America is based on immigrants, genocide and slavery … and now tax dodging (always moving the goals posts I see), is that fair to say?

It’s inaccurate in that you over look literally all other aspects of American life circa its Founding and completely omit any other nuanced opinions, philosophies and motivations espoused by the founders. You also willingly fail to acknowledge any type of historical context and choose to present your opinion using contemporary sensibilities. Doing so greatly diminishes any real credibility you have on the subject - I suspect most people who have responded to you thus far do so out of boredom.

But hey, keep on keepin on and all that…

1 Like

Only if it’s a western country are the cultures demonized.

Do you think the Jews ever feel bad about the 14.5 million Ukrainians they killed?

Which isn’t what he said

1 Like

Even that a very small percentages were actual Nazis.

Thats all it took for the holocaust and millions of lives lost in war. Who are you giving credit for those accomplishments?

And I penalize everybody for acting like complete twats.

The single most depressing thing on this planet is that history keeps repeating itself.

This is called hindsight. We are allowed to use it. Like now that we see what Trump is actually doing can evaluate him accordingly?

Really? That’s what you choose to address … you have no real argument I suspect. Enjoy the rest of your day…

1 Like

You skipped my question : should Mexicans stop celebrating their history for the brutality of their ancestors too?

Should everyone just be ashamed of their history because of conquests?

Yes

Nobody needs to feel ashamed of what their ancestors did, but they certainly don’t need to celebrate shitty people.

1 Like

It was addressed.

by addressing that it quite well covers everything else.

Only those who actively took part in creating that history or those who celebrate it should be ashamed. Conquests are nothing to be proud of. Your ancestors had superior fire power and wielded it against weaker opponents stealing what wasn’t theirs. That is what a conquest is. If they would have discovered lands and peoples and brokered treaties and relationships and stood by them, now THAT would have been remarkable.

Truth is I am not here to demonize the history of our ancestors that we took absolutely no part in creating. It happened, we should learn from it and move forward.

In that spirit, evaluate Trump and his actions thus far.

1 Like

Then you want to destroy people’s cultures, religions (God killed millions of people read the Bible) and practically all things that connect one another in society.

I find your view of the world depressing

Apparently, some people are getting fed up with him. Check out what happened at a brief guest appearance-

1 Like

No. That is not how historical evaluation works when properly applied. That is in fact a huge sin for the majority of practicing historians.

If you are looking for a perfect historical role model then you’re going to have a disappointing and fruitless search, because they don’t exist. Same for countries.

Saying that this country was FOUNDED ON genocide is historically illiterate.

In addition the primary killer was disease brought by settlers–not intentionally, and therefore not biological warfare (i.e. genocide).

2 Likes

Forget rajraj’s crazy angle. all of history is conquests, at least up until the 20th century. So what you are easentially saying is that there is no country anywhere, ever, that is worth being prpud of or NOT being ashamed of.

Sorry, I don’t believe or buy that.

2 Likes

Bots slayer in a nutshell.

He wants to turn America into a Latin country representing his people and his culture. Trump is a neo nazi because he wants to resist this/

Thoughts on Trump possibly being set up?

I mean this goes with a lot of what I (and Trump) was saying about how shady (at best) the IC is.

1st, the World is depressing if you actually look at it.

If your religion kills millions of people then your religion is shit.

Before all the religious folks jump down my throat I do not hold all christians/muslims/others accountable for the actions of the extremist few. I also don’t hold grudges against countries or people for past mistakes. Only what they do now and going forward.

Not all of history is wars and conquests, but those are the parts far too often celebrated. Don’t take offense that I see most history as blatant acts of brutality. You had no hand in creating that history. You can however help shape the future.

I think there are several countries that can be proud of what they are currently doing for their people and the direction they have taken. Canada and most of Europe to begin with.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I was born in the US…but if anybody asks I claim I am half Canadian and half Mexican. Truthfully I consider myself an Earthling.

Ultimately the only moral thing I really believe in is that you treat others as you wish to be treated regardless of birthplace, skin color or some other trivial reasoning. Along those lines I think that rights of equality should extend to all people, not just the ones born in your country.

NAFTA
:slight_smile: