Qs for Trump Supporters

What in the constitution grants the press access to the government? Freedom of the press =/= access.

Let me know when they start murdering the press in the streets like in Russia or disapeering them like China.

Also this can only help the NYT. They’ve had declining readership and layoffs for nearly a decade. Being called out by the prez will help them no doubt

1 Like

Lol, I love the hypocrisy of this forum. If Obama kept Fox News out of a press conference and called them fake news you’d of been able to build a house with all the fucking bricks collectively shat in here.

6 Likes

The president discounting unflattering press certainly helps somebody…

Let me add another one, usmcc.

Remember all of this long list of dubious terrorist, Communist, Hell-Fire Preachers, etc. that supposedly had this Svengali-Like influence on President Obama, that would eventually lead to the complete destruction of the Republic? (People on this Forum and all throughout the Conservative BLOGosphere would point out this succession of influences that molded President Obama into a composite of Che, Mao, Stalin and a Black Hell-Fire Preacher).

“…“The Communist, White-Hating Community Organizer”…”

The problem is… it all wasn’t true.

Now…let’s take one of those “influences” (let’s say Bill Ayers)…THEN let’s ACTUALLY PLACE AYERS (or Reverend Wright or Al Sharpton) IN THE WEST WING AS A CLOSE CONFIDANT OF PRESIDENT OBAMA (like Bannon is to Trump now)…

Could you even IMAGINE the shit-storm that would have occurred?

The hypocrisy of it all is stifling…

4 Likes

Isn’t Trump expanding press credentials to other conservative leaning news sources?

I think most people would do well to ask themselves what their reaction would be, with any move by this administration, if Obama had done/said the same. It’s nice to know there are people here willing to do that.

3 Likes

Pretty soon all that will be left is Breitbart, even FOX is getting off board.

This is once again where at first I am all on board Trump. News today are absolutely bias propaganda machines for the elite. The problem is the ones he is calling fake news are the most reputable.

In a way, Trump very well may end up responsible for “draining the swamp” and ending the News misinformation. He will be the swamp they drain and the news will unite over a common enemy of the state.

What incentive does he have to be nice to the NYT, CNN et al? Romney was nice to the left media. See where that got him.

BG:

Here is my thought…

The incentive would be to grow as a person and as a President.

You know why I like this Forum? I get my beliefs challenged…and It makes me reflect on the “truths” I believe and allows me to rethink what in the past I may have deemed as “gospel”.

If I choose to only put people around me who agree with me…or confine myself to a Forum that only believes what I believe…then I don’t grow…nor learn a damn thing…

I don’t think that this “fuck you/Fake News/My-way-or-the-Highway” attitude will serve the President well…and may even lead to his self-imposed downfall if he doesn’t start looking in the mirror.

3 Likes

You are a conscientious, thoughtful, intellectually honest person. You would make a horrible pollitician, as would most decent humans.

Trump is like a politician without the tact lol. Even worse.

2 Likes

LOL!

Thanks, BG!

The real question is why would he ban them?

“Many of the news outlets blocked from the press briefing include organisations the President has criticised by name. CNN, BBC, The New York Times, LA Times, New York Daily News, BuzzFeed, Guardian, and the Daily Mail, were among the news outlets barred from the gathering, many of whom have published detailed investigations of Mr Trump’s associates’ ties to Russia.”

1 Like

Press covering Obama was liberal and overwhelmingly positive of him.

Trump is just swapping news sources that are equally biased in his favor

2 Likes

I’m sure that President Obama would love to know that the Media Coverage of him was “overwhelmingly” positive…

2 Likes

Well I mean “swapping news sources” is how Obama received positive coverage of himself.

Come to think of it banning press that is investigating them for treason is how all Presidents have done it since the beginning of caveman presidents…oh wait no, that is dictators that do that.

They aren’t banned he’s just refusing to talk to them.

There are plenty of members of the media that do not have press credentials at all.

An example would be the Young Turks. They have a huge audience but no press credentials.

Is the president obligated to talk to every news site?

You seem to be misinformed on the nature of the gathering that they were not a part of.

It was an informal BS session. Not an official White House press conference or briefing.

2 Likes

The first defines the latter in the Trump administration.

How many times in the history of the US have press had credentials revoked?

How many times in the history of US presidents has a president claimed that news stations were fake?

Do you believe that Trump is right about those news stations being fake?

Are you ok with Trump making these statements?

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious…” - Thomas Jefferson press

“I will add, that the man who never looks into a newspaper is better informed than he who reads them.” - Thomas Jefferson

http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/documents/amendI_speechs29.html1

1 Like