Qaash's V-Diet

Side…I hate this one most…fuckin’ “moobs” as Chris once called them

Last one

Mornin’

Woke at 5:40, rolled out of bed at 6 to get my first serving of BCAAs.

6:30- HOT-ROX and Second serving of BCAAs
7:10- NEPA walk on treadmill 3.5mph inclined at 4 degrees

8:00- Meal 1- chocolate Metabolic Drive with 1 tsp coffee

Great pics! Good for you to post them even through your resistance.

The changes are going to be so awesome and you’re going to be so glad you put the photos up–I guarantee it.

You’re going to look really tough when you shed the softening effects of that subcutaneous fat.

[quote]downwardog wrote:
Great pics! Good for you to post them even through your resistance.

The changes are going to be so awesome and you’re going to be so glad you put the photos up–I guarantee it.

You’re going to look really tough when you shed the softening effects of that subcutaneous fat.
[/quote]

Thanks…not exactly the effect I want on people but I’ll take it

Meal 2- strawberry & banana Metabolic Drive at 10a.m.
Meal 3- chocolate & vanilla Metabolic Drive with flax and 3 caps Flameout at 12p.m.

2nd serving HOT-ROX at 3p.m.

Meal 4- strawberry Metabolic Drive at 4:30…this one is the only one that gives me a hard time…I feel so full from this I’m almost lethargic.

Court still sucks ass

Workout 2
Circuit 1
Db shoulder press lunge= 4x25#x4
Hang clean= 4x100#x4
One arm Db row= 4x65#x4

This was the first circuit with 30 seconds rest between each exercise.
Circuit 2
Close-grip bench press= 4x115#x4
Bb curl= 4x70#x4
Front squat (olympic style)= 4x100#x4

Same parameters as circuit 1 as far as rest period. This was followed by 2 embarrassing sets of planks.

This workout was definitely tougher and taxed me more than the first one. By the third set I was dripping sweat…cleaning the bar into place for the front squat was murder on the wrist…I’ve been checking the net for instructional videos on olympic lifts and have tried mimicking what I’ve seen but it’s gonna take time for my wrist to get used to it…any advice on that?

One good side effect was being able to chug the Surge Recovery…that stuff is really sweet.

Meal 5- vanilla Metabolic Drive with flax and 3 caps Flameout…followed in an hour by final serving BCAA’s and ZMA.

[quote]Qaash wrote:
Workout 2
Circuit 1
Hang clean= 4x100#x4
One arm Db row= 4x65#x4

Circuit 2
Bb curl= 4x70#x4

Same parameters as circuit 1 as far as rest period. This was followed by 2 embarrassing sets of planks.

This workout was definitely tougher and taxed me more than the first one. By the third set I was dripping sweat…cleaning the bar into place for the front squat was murder on the wrist…I’ve been checking the net for instructional videos on olympic lifts and have tried mimicking what I’ve seen but it’s gonna take time for my wrist to get used to it…any advice on that?[/quote]

That workout killed me everytime. Man, I don’t miss that one at all ha ha! If the weights are good just stick with it and don’t increase it. Those reps will go up 1 per week and it is tough.

I love front atg front squats with the olympic grip. I had major problems before and watched a lot of youtube clips of it. I found my sweet spot by making sure the bar is resting in a comfortable spot on my anterior delts. The bar feels like its choking you but you have to play around with it till you find that spot. And then my finger tips are on the bar and elbows elevated and trunk very upright. A great quad blaster!

I didn’t clean the bar, just had it on the squat racks and then positioned myself.

Wait till you get to workout number 3 and decreased rest between sets. Time to get that wind up! Take care Qaash and stay the course!

hey Qaash. I started the v-diet the same day you did. I don’t have any pics to post unless I can get them off my phone but i don’t think i can. I don’t want to hijack your thread anyway. I will be checking in on this thread alot cus it will be cool to see how my experience compares to yours. Stick with it man! 28 days will pass whether you follow the diet or not, might as well be lean and mean 4 weeks from now!

[quote]gustavopacho wrote:
Qaash wrote:
Workout 2
Circuit 1
Hang clean= 4x100#x4
One arm Db row= 4x65#x4

Circuit 2
Bb curl= 4x70#x4

This workout was definitely tougher and taxed me more than the first one. By the third set I was dripping sweat…cleaning the bar into place for the front squat was murder on the wrist…I’ve been checking the net for instructional videos on olympic lifts and have tried mimicking what I’ve seen but it’s gonna take time for my wrist to get used to it…any advice on that?

That workout killed me everytime. Man, I don’t miss that one at all ha ha! If the weights are good just stick with it and don’t increase it. Those reps will go up 1 per week and it is tough.

I love front atg front squats with the olympic grip. I had major problems before and watched a lot of youtube clips of it. I found my sweet spot by making sure the bar is resting in a comfortable spot on my anterior delts. The bar feels like its choking you but you have to play around with it till you find that spot. And then my finger tips are on the bar and elbows elevated and trunk very upright. A great quad blaster!

I didn’t clean the bar, just had it on the squat racks and then positioned myself.

Wait till you get to workout number 3 and decreased rest between sets. Time to get that wind up! Take care Qaash and stay the course!
[/quote]

Hey Gus, thanks for droppin’ by…yeah lots of youtube and I found this site called crossfit.com…they have a lot of video examples on how to perform the lifts. I clean it cause I train at home and don’t have an extra rack and I wanted to minimize set up time. My wrist is the only real casualty so far. The weights are just fine for me at my current level. How you doing on your transition? It’s day three and I have no cravings so far, knock on wood.

[quote]Fullback33 wrote:
hey Qaash. I started the v-diet the same day you did. I don’t have any pics to post unless I can get them off my phone but i don’t think i can. I don’t want to hijack your thread anyway. I will be checking in on this thread alot cus it will be cool to see how my experience compares to yours. Stick with it man! 28 days will pass whether you follow the diet or not, might as well be lean and mean 4 weeks from now![/quote]

You’re welcome to drop in whenever…do you have a specific goal or look you’re going for?

My Home gym…I have a two bedroom and since I live alone I made it into a gym…even though it does tend to be messy

another view

My best investments. The power block dumbbell system 5-85 pounds and the iron master quick-lock dumbbells 10-125 each and no I haven’t lifted that amount yet.

Day 4

Kinda overslept this morning didn’t wake up until 7…immediately had my first serving of BCAAs. At 7:40 I’ll have another serving of BCAAs and first serving of HOT-ROX. Meal 1 will be at 8:15.

It’s day for and I’m feeling anxious. I don’t feel like I’m dropping weight fast enough. Sitting in court all day doesn’t give me a lot of opportunity to get in some NEPA activities which would have been the case if I was at work. I’ll see at my weigh in and measurements on Saturday if I need to boost my NEPA walk time or even add it to my boxing days. Sitting on my ass all day is starting to really bother me…never realized how much movement was involved when I was at work.

As far as a specific goal or look goes for me, I don’t really have one. I basically want to correct some things like losing some fat from my face and getting rid of the cursed love handles that make my clothes fit wierd. The ultimate goal is the much sought after “six-pack”.

I’d like to add that I think T-Nation should come up with some alternative expressions to “six-pack” and “love handles”. Using those words makes me feel metro.

Gotta go shovel some snow and then get to walking, I’ll check in later.

Day 4 continued…

Meal 2 was at 10:30- vanilla Metabolic Drive
Meal 3 was at 1:00- chocolate Metabolic Drive with flaxseed and 3 caps Flameout

Meal 4 ended up at 4:45 also a vanilla Metabolic Drive

I’m becoming more irritable in court the process seems to be dragging on and on…on the way home I stopped of at the supermarket to pick up the meat tenderizer that Chris suggested in Gus’s thread as well as the seasonings. What an experience that was…the smell of all the different things I could eat and treats I used to give myself, like dried papaya and apricots, pineapples…unfortunately they were very sweet and not good for me at all.

HOT-ROX serving at 6p.m.
NEPA walked for 40 min. tonight on treadmill…same parameters as before.
Followed by 3rd serving of BCAA’s.

Meal 5- banana Metabolic Drive with flaxseed and 3 caps Flameout. Ending the day with ZMA and BCAA’s an hour after last meal.