Q on Build a Bigger Yoke

Has anyone tried it? I want to begin this program because it has power cleans already in it
The only thing I’ve been having trouble finding is how the SST format works and would it be bad to add some direct arm work to the end of a few workouts

[quote]SBerlin wrote:
would it be bad to add some direct arm work to the end of a few workouts[/quote]
But the emphasis is a bigger yoke

[quote]chobbs wrote:

[quote]SBerlin wrote:
would it be bad to add some direct arm work to the end of a few workouts[/quote]
But the emphasis is a bigger yoke[/quote]

Yeah I get that I’m not trying to change it just maybe superset a bi/tri exercise for 4x10 at the end of a few workouts
Also how do the sets,reps and % go for SST

I’ve been doing it out of necessity. I’m in the Army and we have a bullshit taping standard that has to be met and it’s beneficial to have a big neck. Doing it for a little over a year now and I’ve added about two inches (15-17) to my neck and noticeable trap/upper back development. My weight topped out during my summer training cycle at 238lbs and I’ve since gotten back down to 225lbs and my neck is still 17.

I don’t run it exactly like Jim prescribed it in the article here is my programming:

During my squat and deadlift days I follow up my main sets with supersetted assistance work. Some cycles I run FSL, some BBB, some bodyweight and some SST. My supersets will look something like this (BBB assistance)

5 rounds

1. Neck extension with EliteFTS neck harness 10-15 reps at 35-50lbs
  2. Squat or deadlift 10 reps
  3. Neck flexion done off of bench with 25-35lb plate and gym towel. 10-15 reps
  4. Ab wheel 10-15 reps

Upper body days

On upper body days I do my assistance lifts (BBB, FSL, SST, etc) supersetted with either chins, pull ups or pendlay rows. Once I’ve finished with that I do a specific yoke/neck circuit.

5 rounds

1. Neck extension with EliteFTS neck harness 10-15 reps at 35-50lb
  2. Karwoski rows or barbell shrugs or trap bar shrugs 10-15 reps
  4. Dumbell rows done with single handle meadows rower or t-bar rows done with double handle meadows rower.

[quote]finteal wrote:
I’ve been doing it out of necessity. I’m in the Army and we have a bullshit taping standard that has to be met and it’s beneficial to have a big neck. Doing it for a little over a year now and I’ve added about two inches (15-17) to my neck and noticeable trap/upper back development. My weight topped out during my summer training cycle at 238lbs and I’ve since gotten back down to 225lbs and my neck is still 17.

I don’t run it exactly like Jim prescribed it in the article here is my programming:

During my squat and deadlift days I follow up my main sets with supersetted assistance work. Some cycles I run FSL, some BBB, some bodyweight and some SST. My supersets will look something like this (BBB assistance)

5 rounds

1. Neck extension with EliteFTS neck harness 10-15 reps at 35-50lbs
  2. Squat or deadlift 10 reps
  4. Ab wheel 10-15 reps

Upper body days

On upper body days I do my assistance lifts (BBB, FSL, SST, etc) supersetted with either chins, pull ups or pendlay rows. Once I’ve finished with that I do a specific yoke/neck circuit.

5 rounds

1. Neck extension with EliteFTS neck harness 10-15 reps at 35-50lb
  2. Karwoski rows or barbell shrugs or trap bar shrugs 10-15 reps
  4. Dumbell rows done with single handle meadows rower or t-bar rows done with double handle meadows rower.[/quote]

Alright cool it’s funny u mention cuz I’m trying make my neck bigger for the same reason I’m a marine and at 76 inches my max wt is 225 and I will never tape with my weak neck