Pyramid vs Reverse Pyramid

Which one of these approaches between pyramid and reverse pyramid is best for strength and weight progression?

[quote]minsarale wrote:
Which one of these approaches between pyramid and reverse pyramid is best for strength and weight progression?[/quote]

More food

[quote]minsarale wrote:
Which one of these approaches between pyramid and reverse pyramid is best for strength and weight progression?[/quote]

more load on the bar (progression).
eat enough clean food.
sleep.
grow.
live.

nothing of vodoo,btw :slight_smile:

If i eat enough food, a member here posted a link to a thread where a powerlifter recommended the reverse pyramid for strength. Do you agree that it is better for strength or is the regular better?

[quote]angus_beef wrote:
So a set of pushups before you bench press should be fine. Then you can start with close to your max on bench press.
[/quote]

I think this “may” be ok for some, but once you get to a certain level of strength or have had a few niggles then a set of press-ups just doesn’t cut it.

Having said that I might have though similar when I was a teenager…

[quote]minsarale wrote:
If i eat enough food, a member here posted a link to a thread where a powerlifter recommended the reverse pyramid for strength. Do you agree that it is better for strength or is the regular better?[/quote]
Post this question to the Powerlifting forum.

[quote]tolismann wrote:

[quote]minsarale wrote:
If i eat enough food, a member here posted a link to a thread where a powerlifter recommended the reverse pyramid for strength. Do you agree that it is better for strength or is the regular better?[/quote]
Post this question to the Powerlifting forum.[/quote]

I want weight progression for bodybuilding purposes

This thread is still going, really?

If you are so hooked on reverse pyramids why don’t you go out and actually DO IT? This whole thing is trial and error, but you will eventually find out what works for you as long as you’re consistent and committed.

You are no doubt over thinking this and have become transfixed on one method which is really not going to make any difference to you at this stage. The best thing you can do is stay consistent, progression with your weights and EAT…LOTS. Seriously, its that simple.

So at the end of the day, you just need to get off the internet and get lifting.

Yeah seriously, you need to try RPT and decide if it’s right for you. I personally tried it and kept it for certain movements. For other movements, I find I need more warm-up sets so I ramp more gradually. I also wouldn’t worry about it for an isolation movement like lat raises. You’re over thinking this. You don’t have to do all your movements RPT style. You can use it on key lifts only.

[quote]Shontayne wrote:
This thread is still going, really?

If you are so hooked on reverse pyramids why don’t you go out and actually DO IT? This whole thing is trial and error, but you will eventually find out what works for you as long as you’re consistent and committed.

You are no doubt over thinking this and have become transfixed on one method which is really not going to make any difference to you at this stage. The best thing you can do is stay consistent, progression with your weights and EAT…LOTS. Seriously, its that simple.

So at the end of the day, you just need to get off the internet and get lifting.[/quote]

amen,m8.