Pylometrics For Basketball

Hi,

I’m training to get stronger, bigger, and faster for basketball over the summer. I am 14 years old, 125 pounds, and 5 foot 5. I already have a weight training program and a cardio program figured out. I am a beginner to weight training. I haven’t started my training yet. I am still trying to get a pylometric program to do once a week.

I dont know which pylometric excercises to do. I read that you should be able to squat 1.5x your own weight to do intense excercises. I am a beginner.

Does anyone know of any pylometric excercises for a beginners? Any safe and effective pylo excercises for beginners?

Please help me out. Thanks.

Go buy the book “High Powered Plyometrics.” This is a great book to have. It has photos for hundreds of plyometric movements. If you want to learn how to do them properly and know how to build a proper routine, GET THE BOOK!

[quote]Baller1950 wrote:
Hi,

I’m training to get stronger, bigger, and faster for basketball over the summer. I am 14 years old, 125 pounds, and 5 foot 5. I already have a weight training program and a cardio program figured out. I am a beginner to weight training. I haven’t started my training yet. I am still trying to get a pylometric program to do once a week.

I dont know which pylometric excercises to do. I read that you should be able to squat 1.5x your own weight to do intense excercises. I am a beginner.

Does anyone know of any pylometric excercises for a beginners? Any safe and effective pylo excercises for beginners?

Please help me out. Thanks.[/quote]

Plyometrics are seldomly used correctly. Many people overdo it and think “more is better.” Training for your sport is more than enough right now. Keep playing basketball and hit the weights. And read the articles on the damn site! Follow a good program like Westside for Skinny Bastards (1 or 2).

And why do you keep copying and pasting the same info in every single post?

[i]"Hi,

I’m training to get stronger, bigger, and faster for basketball over the summer. I am 14 years old, 125 pounds, and 5 foot 5.[/i]

I think everyone has figured this out already as you’ve asked more questions and gotten more advice in the last week than most others. Are you really who you say you are??

Baller, you’re not a kid any more but you still need to be careful with plyos. Start with skipping (with a rope), because it’ll work on coordination as well.

If I were you, I’d get some experience with weights under my belt before doing anything else.

Don’t forget that even high level athletes start with drop/hold’s.

Cheers