T Nation

PX : An Offer

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
Hey Zraw. What do you hope to gain from the experience of working with PX?

Are you thinking you might want to do this for a living like JM?[/quote]
I was kinda wondering this too. Not to bust your balls, Zraw, but are you currently training clients IRL or online and do you have experience/training as a trainer? Legit and sincere questions.

It’s pretty cool that you’re offering to guide all these guys, well not so much “guide” but flat-out train and handle nutrition, but I don’t remember you mentioning a background in personal training. If you do, then disregard these points for sure, but working with clients, especially over the long-term (I think you said you were looking to help these guys for quite a while) where more obstacles will inevitably pop up, and it’s challenging enough to deal with them in person. Online consulting makes it a degree harder.

The guys you’re working with are very diverse (young inexperienced dude, older very experienced dude with hectic schedule, middle-age dude with consistency issues) and I expect each of them to challenge you with different scenarios as time goes on. I could be far off on all this and it’ll be a crazy success on all fronts, which would definitely be great for everyone involved.

But I do have to agree with some of the folks here because I think you overstepped when you made this particular thread. You cannot go from saying the entire forum should put X on ignore two months ago to now offering to help him out. It comes across as kinda arrogant ad condescending, though I’m sure that wasn’t where you were coming from. Best of luck anyhow.[/quote]

Chris, I don’t think I have ever disagreed with anything you have ever posted here…till now.

With this forum full of bickering and shitstorms, these help threads are about the only thing really helping anybody…it’s not like Zraw is charging anybody for his advice.

And for somebody to be the bigger person and offer to help somebody (who was not the nicest person to them over a long period of time) strikes me more as a olive branch than arrogant.

Don’t take this the wrong way, love what you do here on the site, but just my .02 cents.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
Chris, I don’t think I have ever disagreed with anything you have ever posted here…till now.

With this forum full of bickering and shitstorms, these help threads are about the only thing really helping anybody…it’s not like Zraw is charging anybody for his advice.

And for somebody to be the bigger person and offer to help somebody (who was not the nicest person to them over a long period of time) strikes me more as a olive branch than arrogant.

Don’t take this the wrong way, love what you do here on the site, but just my .02 cents.[/quote]
Fair enough. Despite recent threads to the contrary, there’s nothing wrong with having different opinions on a subject. :wink:

I do definitely think it’s a positive step to be helping guys out, and I can see what you’re saying about it maybe being more of an olive branch towards X. To be fair, I didn’t follow the entire “ignore Prof X” thread but I skimmed the start and finish of the thread. To me though, it seems hard to reconcile even starting a thread like that and then being like, “Really though, I’ll help you out now.”

Training both young guys or HT or Marzouk would’ve been cool enough. I just don’t think that offering to help X was “worth it”. It would’ve been cool to see, of course, but from how I thought things were between these guys, I figured everyone, Zraw included, knew what the answer would be before asking.

Also, I’m not trying to “call out” Zraw on his training experience. I’m mostly just curious and it’s something I would’ve asked about even if I were a prospective client. It’s undeniable that he looks great, but I believe that “training self to look awesome” doesn’t always translate to being able to “train others to look awesome.” (That’s a topic for another thread entirely., and probably one that’s been done to death anyhow.)

Again, though, that he’s volunteering to do this is a step up for the forum.

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

I was kinda wondering this too. Not to bust your balls, Zraw, but are you currently training clients IRL or online and do you have experience/training as a trainer? Legit and sincere questions.

It’s pretty cool that you’re offering to guide all these guys, well not so much “guide” but flat-out train and handle nutrition, but I don’t remember you mentioning a background in personal training. If you do, then disregard these points for sure, but working with clients, especially over the long-term (I think you said you were looking to help these guys for quite a while) where more obstacles will inevitably pop up, and it’s challenging enough to deal with them in person. Online consulting makes it a degree harder.

The guys you’re working with are very diverse (young inexperienced dude, older very experienced dude with hectic schedule, middle-age dude with consistency issues) and I expect each of them to challenge you with different scenarios as time goes on. I could be far off on all this and it’ll be a crazy success on all fronts, which would definitely be great for everyone involved.

But I do have to agree with some of the folks here because I think you overstepped when you made this particular thread. You cannot go from saying the entire forum should put X on ignore two months ago to now offering to help him out. It comes across as kinda arrogant ad condescending, though I’m sure that wasn’t where you were coming from. Best of luck anyhow.[/quote]

I might be wrong but CC you were in my honest opinion the best poster here or at least one of the best a few months back.
What happened i have no clue but my impression is your account was hacked and a different person is posting under your account.
If it is still you i wish you all the best !
I and probably many miss the always there to help, highly knowledgeable, very generous guy.

[quote]BHappy wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

I might be wrong but CC you were in my honest opinion the best poster here or at least one of the best a few months back.
What happened i have no clue but my impression is your account was hacked and a different person is posting under your account.
I and probably many miss the always there to help, highly knowledgeable, very generous guy.[/quote]

Because he has his own opinion? Seriously? I actually agree with CC here.

It comes across as kinda arrogant ad condescending, [/quote]

Like the way X comes across in close to 50,000 posts, over 10 years, virtually every day?

I never understand why people jump to defend PX - he has bought and paid for every bit of ill-will he gets on this site. It seems he can act like a rude asshole all day every day, but as soon as he gets called on it, THAT person is the bad guy.

I’ve honestly never seen someone get a pass the way he does. He wouldn’t last 5 seconds on a board like PM before he was laughed off and banned.

And anyway it doesn’t matter - not only will he not accept, he will ignore this thread the way he ignores everything that doesn’t fit into his narrow world view…lol…

[quote]BHappy wrote:
I and probably many miss the always there to help, highly knowledgeable, very generous guy.[/quote]
Um, that’s an odd comment but… thanks, I guess. I stand by what I said. It’s just my opinion and it doesn’t mean any more or less than anyone else’s.

But to be clear, it’s still just plain old me, as proven by my recent post in the April Check-In thread:

Somewhat related - it’d be cool if everyone here participated over there and tossed up a current pic or video.

EDIT: [quote]SkyNett wrote:

It comes across as kinda arrogant ad condescending, [/quote]
Like the way X comes across in close to 50,000 posts, over 10 years, virtually every day?

I never understand why people jump to defend PX - he has bought and paid for every bit of ill-will he gets on this site. It seems he can act like a rude asshole all day every day, but as soon as he gets called on it, THAT person is the bad guy.[/quote]
I don’t think I was defending X as much as I was basically saying this thread was unnecessary and no real good could come of it. I’ve butted heads with X plenty, but objectively-speaking, many of the forum issues as much his fault as it is other peoples’ (recently at least).

but objectively-speaking, many of the forum issues as much his fault as it is other peoples’ (recently at least).[/quote]

I disagree - it’s more a matter of people around here being entirely sick of his bullshit and refusing to let it pass anymore.

Unfortunately, it does wind up in a huge shitstorm since he will never budge even an INCH on his position, so it rages for 30 pages of nonsense.

He makes a “LIMITS” thread with a huge picture of a crying toddler, quotes Brick from an ENTIRELY different thread, just to start YET another shitstorm thread. It’s him, not everyone else. He is the common denominator in EVERY single one of these teenage girl angst threads.

I guarantee if he was gone from this site, it would be a MUCH better place, and you would see MOST of this kind of silly horse-shit go away instantly.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
I never understand why people jump to defend PX[/quote]
kinda reminds me of those kids on the playground that suck up to the bully just so they don’t get their ass kicked.

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]BHappy wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

Because he has his own opinion? Seriously? I actually agree with CC here. [/quote]

Waittz, if you read my post it is not about 1 post but over about 6 weeks history. Look back there are many. I am not forming an opinion from 1 post, i and many do mistake(s) so a second and third chance might be usefull. That is why x is a target. He realy surpassed what most consider OK mistakes.

What I find most hilarious about this thread…the controversy being created and the Professor has not even responded. :slight_smile:

Heya Professor X. Hope things are great with you!

[quote]HawaiiTunya wrote:
What I find most hilarious about this thread…the controversy being created and the Professor has not even responded. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Right - because as I pointed out, he’ll ignore this thread because his ego won’t allow him to address it.

And the “controversy” certainly did not start with this thread…lol…

Heya Professor X. Hope things are great with you![/quote]

So who creates the controversy…X or everyone else…?

Not serious

A part of.my job is to make sure trainers and nutritionists are doing things right with their clients…

Im not forcing anyone to listen to me here… I think…

And I did agree that I could see, from PX perspective, why he wouldnt care at all for something like this.

But I also said I prefer not to assume anything

Going back to the thread about putting on ignore ill say it again for the 1000th time this was directed at everyone constantly arguing with him for stupid things

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

but objectively-speaking, many of the forum issues as much his fault as it is other peoples’ (recently at least).[/quote]

I disagree - it’s more a matter of people around here being entirely sick of his bullshit and refusing to let it pass anymore.

Unfortunately, it does wind up in a huge shitstorm since he will never budge even an INCH on his position, so it rages for 30 pages of nonsense.

He makes a “LIMITS” thread with a huge picture of a crying toddler, quotes Brick from an ENTIRELY different thread, just to start YET another shitstorm thread. It’s him, not everyone else. He is the common denominator in EVERY single one of these teenage girl angst threads.

I guarantee if he was gone from this site, it would be a MUCH better place, and you would see MOST of this kind of silly horse-shit go away instantly.

[/quote]

[quote]flch95 wrote:

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
kinda reminds me of those kids on the playground that suck up to the bully just so they don’t get their ass kicked.[/quote]
agreed with both…it’s the internet. There are thousands of people willing to give great advice for free, so why should I nuthug one person?

[/quote]

lol all the certified “trainers” at every gym I’ve ever been to have looked like they know “jack dick” about training and nutrition… and their clients make no noticeable progress month after month.

i’d much rather be trained by zraw than one of these clowns… no matter how much certification they may have

I think it may be a while before X responds if at all as he doesnt post much lately, which means you wont see him until tomorrow maybe

[quote]steven alex wrote:

I think it may be a while before X responds if at all as he doesnt post much lately, which means you wont see him until tomorrow maybe[/quote]

LOL which I totally respect him if he doesn’t, but like ZRAW said…not really the point of the thread. :slight_smile:

[quote]flch95 wrote:

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

kinda reminds me of those kids on the playground that suck up to the bully just so they don’t get their ass kicked.[/quote]

X’s posting style is what it is, but if people can only fixate on the tone and completely lose the ability to discern substance/what’s-most-important, that’s on them.

Which isn’t to say that posting style shouldn’t matter at all, as both Stu and hungry4more have recently addressed.

And not for nothing, but notice that X isn’t out there calling others “a fucking joke/freak” and other such childish nonsense.

3 pages with no reply, X is a magnet for controversy even when he isn’t around.

I would honestly like to see this. I’m not sure if the mad professor will accept but hopefully he takes it up.

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

[/quote]

lol all the certified “trainers” at every gym I’ve ever been to have looked like they know “jack dick” about training and nutrition… and their clients make no noticeable progress month after month.

i’d much rather be trained by zraw than one of these clowns… no matter how much certification they may have[/quote]

Best post.

At my gym all the “certified” trainers are marathon runners and pole dancers while the raw powerlifters are simply business and law students. Guess who’s advice I took?

Even had a conversation with a flustered certified nutritionist just last week who to my abject horror and dismal terror was adamant that I take 75% of my cals from carbs