T Nation

PWO Works Once Then Never Again

I’ve been lifting a long time. 18 months ago started using supplements, I’ve tried several PWOs and they always work the very first time. I get amazing energy and drive, then they don’t work and I get no effect until I switch again. I’ve tried all different kinds of products. I work out first thing in the morning at 4:45am until 6:00am.

Any Ideas?

THX in advance!

take more!!

Tried that, used 5 scoops of Jack3d once got nothing.

maybe your buttfor is broken.

Find a fat burner that gives you a good amount of energy and use it as a pre-workout. If it helps body composition too that’s a bonus, but just try to find one that you can use for energy and think of it as a pre-workout.

[quote]ectodeadlifter wrote:
Tried that, used 5 scoops of Jack3d once got nothing.[/quote]
That’s more than likely not healthy…

You build a tolerance to caffeine just like any other drug.

[quote]ectodeadlifter wrote:
I’ve tried all different kinds of products. I work out first thing in the morning at 4:45am until 6:00am.[/quote]
Have you tried food? A protein-carb shake that you start shortly pre-workout may help.

You’ve obviously turned off the gadget in your brain/body that responds to caffeine and stimulants. That schedule is harsh, but grinding it out while you take time to re-sensitize to stimulants might be necessary.

Or it sounds like perhaps you’re expecting the supplements to do the work for you.

I’m 27 and I have been lifting since I was 13, the problem isn’t doing the work. I try the protein shake/no stims approach for a while and see how it goes.

Don’t take them every workout only when you think you need them.

[quote]bdocksaints75 wrote:
Don’t take them every workout only when you think you need them.[/quote]

This. You are depending too heavily on supps to give you the energy/motivation to work out. Try some rhodiola for a stim-free pre-workout.

Fap around 30min pre workout, but stop before ejaculating. Go to the gym, you’ll see, you will destroy every weight and have that rage that you are looking for. srs.

i think pre-workouts in general are a joke all they are is usually sugar and caffeine.