PWO Supplement Advice Needed

Hey guys, I have been working out for about 2 years now w/o using any supplements aside from the odd inconsistent protein shake, which I know is pretty damn useless if not taken regularly.

Anyway, I am really looking to get into using supplements both to help with muscle gains and reduce post-workout soreness/stiffness. I workout 2-4 (usually 4) times a week and eat well. Anyway, I was reading up on the diff supplements and was thinking on training days:

4 Biotest BCAA caps when I wake up
4 more during training (should I combine those with a shake?)
4 more post-workout w/ a shake*
3 caps of ZMA 1 hour before bed

*Now I compared the shit outa Surge and Metabolic Drive Complete and cannot for the life of me figure out which is more high-end. I was leaning towards Metabolic Drive Complete though.

I was wondering how this looked and how I might want to modify it for non-training days.

If I left out any important info please let me know. I would really appreciate some help cause I am way outa my depth with this stuff even though I read articles on this site whenever I can. Thanks.

Surge Post-Workout Formula is what you want. It is designed specifically to speed recovery when used peri-workout.

Metabolic Drive Protein Shake is an ultra-high quality protein powder, but it’s best used to boost protein intake during other times of the day.

And at any point in “comparing the shit out of these” did you come to the realization that they’re vastly different, with different ingredients, different macro ratios, and different roles?

[quote]MMAniac wrote:
Hey guys, I have been working out for about 2 years now w/o using any supplements aside from the odd inconsistent protein shake, which I know is pretty damn useless if not taken regularly.

Anyway, I am really looking to get into using supplements both to help with muscle gains and reduce post-workout soreness/stiffness. I workout 2-4 (usually 4) times a week and eat well. Anyway, I was reading up on the diff supplements and was thinking on training days:

4 Biotest BCAA caps when I wake up
4 more during training (should I combine those with a shake?)
4 more post-workout w/ a shake*
3 caps of ZMA 1 hour before bed

*Now I compared the shit outa Surge and Metabolic Drive Complete and cannot for the life of me figure out which is more high-end. I was leaning towards Metabolic Drive Complete though.

I was wondering how this looked and how I might want to modify it for non-training days.

If I left out any important info please let me know. I would really appreciate some help cause I am way outa my depth with this stuff even though I read articles on this site whenever I can. Thanks.

[/quote]

How did this work out for you?

Thanks brian, I appreciate the advice on the protein powders. Also, how necessary do you think the ZMA is or are the BCAA and powder sufficient?

Lobo, I realized they are very different and thats why I wanted the advice. And as I said, I dont know a whole lot about supplements yet.

No, ty I was getting advice before I took any of those supplements.

[quote]MMAniac wrote:
Thanks brian, I appreciate the advice on the protein powders. Also, how necessary do you think the ZMA is or are the BCAA and powder sufficient?

Lobo, I realized they are very different and thats why I wanted the advice. And as I said, I dont know a whole lot about supplements yet.

No, ty I was getting advice before I took any of those supplements.[/quote]

ZMA is a very economically priced supplement so it’s not breaking the bank to buy it. Ensuring optimum levels of zinc and magnesium helps to promote a favorable environment for testosterone production and bolsters immune function.

When getting strong and healthy you want to cover as many bases as possible to achieve optimum health and muscle gains. This should come first from good whole food nutrition and then good supplementation and ZMA is a very good supplement in this regard.

D

[quote]MMAniac wrote:
Thanks brian, I appreciate the advice on the protein powders. Also, how necessary do you think the ZMA is or are the BCAA and powder sufficient?[/quote]

The truth is that you don’t need any supplement. If they were necessary, they wouldn’t be called supplements.

I use BCAA and ZMA all the time because I like what they do for me. The only way you’ll know how effective they are for you is to try them.