PWO Shake Before Running?

Pretty basic question I guess. On certain days after I do my lifting I go for a few miles of running. Should I take my post workout creatine & protein shake after working out, but before going on this run, or after the run?

After the cardio.

i would take

one third during weight liftin
one third after weight liftin
one third after running

[quote]SilentbutDeadly wrote:
After the cardio.[/quote]

If you drink it before, your body will use the shake for fuel which is counter-productive.

I couldn’t run with a shake in my belly.

You cant take the PWO workout before running… its semantically impossible

If you did, pretty good chance it’ll be an umcomfortable run and you’ll get a cramp. I sometimes drink whey before I run an sometimes I’ll get a cramp if I try to run shortly after I take it.

[quote]HotCarl28 wrote:
You cant take the PWO workout before running… its semantically impossible[/quote]

I get jokes.

[quote]esk221 wrote:
SilentbutDeadly wrote:
After the cardio.

If you drink it before, your body will use the shake for fuel which is counter-productive.[/quote]

I highly doubt that. I know it’s been said here before, but I seriously doubt ingesting anything will mean the body will immediately use it for fuel. I don’t care how taxing the workout is.

No matter what, food/liquid still has to DIGEST after being ingested, so the only thing that’ll happen is your body will now have to digest something WHILE it is dealing with you wanting to push it hard during a workout.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
esk221 wrote:
SilentbutDeadly wrote:
After the cardio.

If you drink it before, your body will use the shake for fuel which is counter-productive.

I highly doubt that. I know it’s been said here before, but I seriously doubt ingesting anything will mean the body will immediately use it for fuel. I don’t care how taxing the workout is.

No matter what, food/liquid still has to DIGEST after being ingested, so the only thing that’ll happen is your body will now have to digest something WHILE it is dealing with you wanting to push it hard during a workout.
[/quote]

i agree

also i suggested splitting into 3 small portions as you will also get some carbs for fuel/training and some protein for maintenance if need arises and you will nto feel full on your stomach…