PWO, Migraines, and Vomiting

This has happened to me a couple times in the last month…

Get back from the gym, drink PWO. Im fine.
Bout an hour and a half later I start to get a little headache, ignore it, eat a sandwhich. Little headache gradually turns into a migraine, and then I start to vomit.

Assuming my PWO shake was just milk/whey, is it ok to assume it was already digested and I just threw up my sandwhich? Im gonna eat an extra sandwhich just to make up for that… should I drink another PWO shake?

[quote]gabex wrote:
This has happened to me a couple times in the last month…

Get back from the gym, drink PWO. Im fine.
Bout an hour and a half later I start to get a little headache, ignore it, eat a sandwhich. Little headache gradually turns into a migraine, and then I start to vomit.

Assuming my PWO shake was just milk/whey, is it ok to assume it was already digested and I just threw up my sandwhich? Im gonna eat an extra sandwhich just to make up for that… should I drink another PWO shake?[/quote]

If I were you I’d worry more about what’s causing these headaches. Unless this has been an ongoing issue that you’re already addressing. I would think the shake and whey were already out of your stomach by then. Or at least mostly.

How long have you been drinking this PWO shake?

I used to get these headaches all the time…

Start with a little dizziness/nausea, followed by a slight headache.

Gradually turns into a migraine, sensitive to light, sound, unbearing pain.

Take some asprin. Eventually throw up, and about an hour after throwing up I feel fine.

used to get them…but it’s been like about 4 years since I used to get them. I’ve been drinking milk+whey for awhile now… I dont think its the cause.

Next migraine Im going to the Dr. I dont have one in town that my insurance covers (im away at school)

This may be playing guinea pig with yourself, but it may pay to try working out without the PWO shake (eat something else or nothing for a while one time) and try drinking the PWO shake without working out. If neither one of those repeats the problem I have no earthly idea. Then again this sounds potentially serious and a doc may be the way to go though he may suggest what I just did for all I know.

Migraines suck. I have not had one in years. I used to get them in my late teens and early 20’s. Sometimes I would think it was tied to hard exertion other times it would come up when I wasn’t really doing anything.

They used to come in cycles.

Do you get a sort of tunnel vision?