T Nation

PWO Meal

I’m realizing that PWO nutrition is something I haven’t been hitting bulls-eye on.

Rest of the day I’m eatingwell,but PWO I’ve usually just had some whole grain cereal,pasta and some meat.

After reading around a bit,here’s what I’ve come up with for my new PWO meal:

2 bananas,1 can of tuna in water
This gives me about 40 grams of carbs and 40 grams of protein.I may add some milk aswell,bumping it up to 50/46 and some sugar.

BTW,I’m cutting.

Any ideas?What do you guys have PWO,beisdes Surge?

[quote]Wolverin wrote:
I’m realizing that PWO nutrition is something I haven’t been hitting bulls-eye on.

Rest of the day I’m eatingwell,but PWO I’ve usually just had some whole grain cereal,pasta and some meat.

After reading around a bit,here’s what I’ve come up with for my new PWO meal:

2 bananas,1 can of tuna in water
This gives me about 40 grams of carbs and 40 grams of protein.I may add some milk aswell,bumping it up to 50/46 and some sugar.

BTW,I’m cutting.

Any ideas?What do you guys have PWO,beisdes Surge?

[/quote]

Chicken and brown rice. A protein salad (any type of protein) with lots of brown rice on the side. Oatmeal and a banana with either some extra lean turkey bacon or egg beaters or just some Low-Carb Grow! added to the oatmeal to make some chocolate oatmeal. Lots of different things. Keep your PWO shake. Have this be your first whole foods meal after. It can be anything with lots of complex carbs, quality protein, and keep fat to a minimum.

I agree with the above poster. Uncle Ben’s Brown rice in a bag has about 99 grams of carbs and about 350 kcal. Cut up a chicken breast, mix with rice, and cover with soy sauce and you got a fine tasting meal. I also like oats and sweet potatoes PWO. Starchy carbs are good.

Sounds good!

The tuna/banana/milk shake tasted horrid though.Halfway through I got sick.

Got any ideas for a PWO shake I can make at home without getting any protein powder/Surge etc?