PWO MCT'S ?

I’m looking to take a PWO powder that has a good mix of C to Pfor my needs but it also contains a fairly high amount of fat, in the form of MCT’s. Will this hinder absorption of the carbs and protien ?

I know, ideally I’d come home and blend a shakle, but as I’m on the go that is not possible.

Short answer yes the MCT’s are used up very quickly and may take preference over the carbs etc being stored and refilling glycogen.

Not Optimal for sure but wont kill ya.

Why not just use Surge mix it prior to going to the gym etc slam it your done.

Surge is too much moolah for the calories.

[quote]chrisfoxnyc wrote:
Surge is too much moolah for the calories.[/quote]

Lard might be a good choice if you’re maily concerned about getting cheap calories.

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
chrisfoxnyc wrote:

Lard might be a good choice if you’re maily concerned about getting cheap calories.[/quote]

Thanks. I’ve always wanted to be called LARD ASS. Now I can finally realize my dream !!!

ChrisKing wrote:
chrisfoxnyc wrote:

Lard might be a good choice if you’re maily concerned about getting cheap calories.

Thanks. I’ve always wanted to be called LARD ASS. Now I can finally realize my dream !!![/quote]

Hey lard ass,:slight_smile: Serious man, how many days a week do you work out? If it is three to four times per week Surge isn’t going to break the bank. Give it a try.

Laters,

D

[quote]Dedicated wrote:

Hey lard ass,:slight_smile: Serious man, how many days a week do you work out? If it is three to four times per week Surge isn’t going to break the bank. Give it a try.

Laters,

D[/quote]

In response, I lift 4 days a week. I’m looking for 500kcal in my PWO drink. So if I used Surge, that would be 4 scoops (still a little shy of 500kcal). That gives me 12 servings from a tub. $2.50/serving. $40 a month. The other product I bought is $26, and would give me 38 servings. $0.68/serving. It’s basically the same stuff as Surge (malto + whey) with the addition of mct’s.

I’m sure Surge is a good product, and I know this IS a Biotest website, but finances are a big factor for me right now. That being said, if MCT’s are going to negate the PWO C+P effect I’m looking for, even @ $0.68/per, I guess I’ll look elsewhere. If anyone else has any knowledge on the original question, please chime in.

Sincerely,
Lard Ass.

Dedicated wrote:

Laters,

D

In response, I lift 4 days a week. I’m looking for 500kcal in my PWO drink. So if I used Surge, that would be 4 scoops (still a little shy of 500kcal). That gives me 12 servings from a tub. $2.50/serving. $40 a month. The other product I bought is $26, and would give me 38 servings. $0.68/serving. It’s basically the same stuff as Surge (malto + whey) with the addition of mct’s.

I’m sure Surge is a good product, and I know this IS a Biotest website, but finances are a big factor for me right now. That being said, if MCT’s are going to negate the PWO C+P effect I’m looking for, even @ $0.68/per, I guess I’ll look elsewhere. If anyone else has any knowledge on the original question, please chime in.

Sincerely,
Lard Ass.[/quote]

Hey, I hear ya bro, however I am going to give you one last Biotest option (since you’re here) Try one scoop Surge and one scoop Grow! Premium Whey. That gives both quality and affordability. I think CT even recommends this.

From one lard ass to another take care bro,

D

I’ll reply chrisfox…

1 Scoop ON Whey Protein Powder

• 25g NOW Maltodextrin (its called “Carbo Gain”)
  • 25g NOW Dextrose
    = Cheap Man’s Surge

Add some creatine in there too if that’s your thing.

[quote]JKThreeEleven17 wrote:
I’ll reply chrisfox…

1 Scoop ON Whey Protein Powder

• 25g NOW Maltodextrin (its called “Carbo Gain”)
  • 25g NOW Dextrose
    = Cheap Man’s Surge

Add some creatine in there too if that’s your thing.[/quote]

Thanks bro, I have been thinking along these lines, and then came across the Muscle Juice stuff. I had been previuosly mixing ON 100% with a GNC weight gainer, and was looking for what I wanted all in 1 tub. Really I’m curious about how the 9g of MCT’s would affect my gains. I guess I’ll use the stuff up as a second PWO drink.

By the way, you in NYC ?

I’ve also seen Berardi recommend the Gatorade Powder (not the bottle you buy - HFCS) mixed with Whey…

No, I’m on Long Island, but only 15 minutes from Queens, close to the city.

Or you could just eat a couple of bananas with some whey.

Or, if you’re really cheap (sounds like you are) you could put some jam or honey on white bread or rice cakes and wash it down with some whey.