PWO Insulin Spike on Anabolic Diet

I am currently on the anabolic diet and doing GVT. Would taking Surge Workout Fuel pre workout and Surge Recovery PWO be a bad thing for AD?

Without these I’m getting about 10-20 carbs a day. Any advice would be great.

Currently sitting at 5’10 210 lbs at around 15% bf

Aren’t you only allowed 30 grams of carbs MAXIMUM on weekdays? So why would you take Surge?

I was just wondering if it would be beneficial or not

No, its not beneficial

www.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/1269/140/

listen to the last half of the episode, The good doctor explains it.

[quote]ironjoe wrote:
No, its not beneficial

www.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/1269/140/

listen to the last half of the episode, The good doctor explains it.[/quote]

Well, you can find just as many “experts” claiming that it is beneficial and that it only improves on some of the flawed concepts of the anabolic diet.

Bill Roberts and Justin Harris come to mind as having recently discussed this topic.

I say give it a try and judge for yourself as you’ll never really know otherwise.

Here’s the thing. The AD is aimed at suppressing large insulin spikes for a 5 day stretch. If at any time you take in a large amount of fast acting carbs you are creating a large insulin spike. This interferes with the overall plan of regulating your hormones.

Having said that, If you have been on the basic AD plan for ~ 3 months, and truly feel the need for PWO supplements like Surge during the week due to fatigue late in the week or consistent drops in performance, then go ahead, but try and keep it under 30gm total.

From Bulgarian (a bb’er on the AD):
if you are not cutting, just increase the amount of protein you take in. If cutting, take small amounts of BCAA’s+Whey peri-workout.