PWO Conundrum

I have read so many articles that I have effectively confused myself. I am looking for an effective PWO drink.

I have read that for a cutting diet, I want to shoot for 2.5g of carbs per 10 lbs of body weight. Proteins should be half of my carbs intake.

It looks like the best way I can get this currently is mixing a scoop of whey protein with a big tall glass of chocolate milk, giving me roughly 60g carbs and 41g protein.

I know this topic has been beaten to death on this site, but I was hoping for some simplicity.

Any ideas?

Male, 34yo, 243lbs, Cutting on T-Dawg v2.0

Surge

[quote]SBT wrote:
Surge

All Articles - T NATION [/quote]

That’s a little out of my price range at the moment. Any old school tips in the meantime?

If Surge is out of the question… then yes, fat free chocolate milk with a scoop of whey will be fine.

The price per serving is not really that much different then choc milk if you aim to get 25 g of ggo protein and 350 k/cals from fat free choc milk The Surge is less than $2 about $1.87 Just something to think about

Phill

IS PWO post workout? then won;t the casein in the choc milk slow down the absorption of the whey?

As I understood, the best PWO supp (besides Surge perhaps) would be a combo of whey protein, dextrose and matodextrin immediately post workout.

Apparently lactose doesn;t give enough of an insulin response, sucrose is too fast (GI wise) and fructose can only replenish liver glycogen and not muscle glycogen.ergo dextrose/maltodextrin.
Do correct me if I;m wrong.

[quote]rbpowerhouse wrote:
IS PWO post workout? then won;t the casein in the choc milk slow down the absorption of the whey?

As I understood, the best PWO supp (besides Surge perhaps) would be a combo of whey protein, dextrose and matodextrin immediately post workout.

Apparently lactose doesn;t give enough of an insulin response, sucrose is too fast (GI wise) and fructose can only replenish liver glycogen and not muscle glycogen.ergo dextrose/maltodextrin.
Do correct me if I;m wrong.[/quote]

True in theory BUT milk has been shown to have an oddly high insulin response as yet not explained.

Fructose again kind of true it goes to liver FIRST then after conversion in the liver can be used but will go to liver first.

Phill

thanks phill for clearing that up. So casein nothwithstanding, regular milk and whey can serve as a poor man’s PostWO drink?

[quote]Phill wrote:
rbpowerhouse wrote:

Do correct me if I;m wrong.

True in theory BUT milk has been shown to have an oddly high insulin response as yet not explained.

Fructose again kind of true it goes to liver FIRST then after conversion in the liver can be used but will go to liver first.

Phill

[/quote]

[quote]rbpowerhouse wrote:
thanks phill for clearing that up. So casein nothwithstanding, regular milk and whey can serve as a poor man’s PostWO drink?

[/quote]

Kind of yes optimal NO works yes and better to go with skim for PWO purposes and the choclte with added sugars.

Phill