PWK Window and Time of Day

Hey guys,
Because of my job, I’m not able to get to the gym till around 7:30-8:00 PM. Before I go to the gym I’m currently eating a P&F meal and P&C meal after my workout. (9:30-10:00 PM) So, I know that it’s ill advised to injest high carb meals before bed but this will be in Berardi’s PWK window where carbs are good.

So, should I switch my high carb meal to pre-workout and have a serving Surge PWK and then a P&F meal? Thanks.

[quote]gym rat wrote:
Hey guys,
Because of my job, I’m not able to get to the gym till around 7:30-8:00 PM. Before I go to the gym I’m currently eating a P&F meal and P&C meal after my workout. (9:30-10:00 PM) So, I know that it’s ill advised to injest high carb meals before bed but this will be in Berardi’s PWK window where carbs are good.

So, should I switch my high carb meal to pre-workout and have a serving Surge PWK and then a P&F meal? Thanks.[/quote]

Nope, you are good now.

Thanks bud…also wondering, in Thib’s Carb Cycling Codex, do the carbs in green veggies count towards the daily carb allowance? I would assume so, but the way he breaks up when you should have P&C meals makes me think he only counts sugary or grainy carbs in your daily total. Thoughts?

No i would not count them if youre having a green salad for instance. Although salad may have enough carbohydrate to keep you from falling into ketosis, Berardi does not advocate that type of plan.

The body actually spends more energy digesting a lot of those fibrous vegetables than it gets out, and theres no way in hell they trigger any signifigant insulin response.

sounds good!