JUST LOL[/quote]

“Nah Uh!!! You don’t know what you are talking about”, says Zep

Lulz.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]espenl wrote:
No, I am not :slight_smile: I will see you in Valhall.[/quote]

I will be the one with the Big Hammer.[/quote]

Have you seen the series on History Channel called Vikings? I really enjoy that show. Is it pretty accurate? [/quote]
I haven’t seen it yet, but I have some friends saying it is.

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]espenl wrote:
It is interesting that you consider potential alien life sinners as well.[/quote]

I wonder, how many planets did Christ have to be crucified upon to redeem all intelligent lifeforms in the universe?[/quote]
I have addressed this elsewhere.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]espenl wrote:
It is interesting that you consider potential alien life sinners as well.[/quote]

I wonder, how many planets did Christ have to be crucified upon to redeem all intelligent lifeforms in the universe?[/quote]
I have addressed this elsewhere.[/quote]
This is what I call PWI humor :smiley:

[quote]espenl wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]espenl wrote:

This is what I call PWI humor :D[/quote]
You’re welcome

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]espenl wrote:

I actually thought back to that thread a long time from now in a galaxy far, far away. Your response was hardly sufficient to address the philosophical and scientific implications brought about by the observable universe. To write off even the possibility of intelligent life forms outside of “sons of Adam” based solely on a desire to maintain religious convictions is to ignore reality itself. There are 200 to 400 billion stars in the Milky Way alone. Then you have estimates of 100 to 200 billion galaxies in the Universe, each of which also has hundreds of billions of stars. A recent German supercomputer simulation put that number even higher: 500 billion. In other words, there could be a galaxy out there for every star in the Milky Way. In light of this, it’s beyond intellectual insanity for you to say “Nah uh, there are no aliens because the Bible says so!”

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]espenl wrote:

I actually thought back to that thread a long time from now in a galaxy far, far away. Your response was hardly sufficient to address the philosophical and scientific implications brought about by the observable universe. To write off even the possibility of intelligent life forms outside of “sons of Adam” based solely on a desire to maintain religious convictions is to ignore reality itself. There are 200 to 400 billion stars in the Milky Way alone. Then you have estimates of 100 to 200 billion galaxies in the Universe, each of which also has hundreds of billions of stars. A recent German supercomputer simulation put that number even higher: 500 billion. In other words, there could be a galaxy out there for every star in the Milky Way. In light of this, it’s beyond intellectual insanity for you to say “Nah uh, there are no aliens because the Bible says so!”
[/quote]

I read this joke a couple of times…

… hilarious?

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]espenl wrote:

[/quote]

I read this joke a couple of times…

… hilarious? [/quote]

Legionary would be ill advised to quit his day job to pursue his Tonight Show host fantasy.[/quote]

Damn.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Commentary from Paul R. Beane on KFYO radio on 1/24/2013:

Good afternoon, I’m Paul R. Beane and I’m your right wing gun nut.
You know me and fellow gun owners are responsible for all the carnage in our streets and our schools. Never mind that Ted Kennedy’s car has killed more people than my entire collection of firearms. Most of which I have owned since childhood when I saved my pennies and nickels in order to purchase them and each and every one is in perfect working order. It is the responsible gun owners of today that is being blamed for all the shootings. Obama calls us the right wing gun nuts, clinging to our guns and to our religion.

But let?s take a little closer look. The Fort Hood shooter, a Muslim, and a registered Democrat. The Virginia Tech shooter, he wrote hate mail to George Bush and his staff and was a registered Democrat. Aurora Colorado shooter, he was a staff worker on the Obama campaign and took part in Occupy Wall Street. He was a progressive liberal and guess what? A registered Democrat. The Newtown, Conn shooter hated Christians and was a registered Democrat. The Columbine high school shooters were too young to vote, but both of their families were progressive liberals and registered Democrats.

And one more thing, not a single one of these killers were members of the National Rifle Association. So I have got it figured out how to make this country much safer; leave the guns alone and lock up all the Democrats.

I’m Paul R. Beane and that’s the way I see it.[/quote]

^ that is fucking brilliant. Great stuff Push.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

You know me and fellow gun owners are responsible for all the carnage in our streets and our schools. Never mind that Ted Kennedy’s car has killed more people than my entire collection of firearms. Most of which I have owned since childhood when I saved my pennies and nickels in order to purchase them and each and every one is in perfect working order. It is the responsible gun owners of today that is being blamed for all the shootings. Obama calls us the right wing gun nuts, clinging to our guns and to our religion.

But let?s take a little closer look. The Fort Hood shooter, a Muslim, and a registered Democrat. The Virginia Tech shooter, he wrote hate mail to George Bush and his staff and was a registered Democrat. Aurora Colorado shooter, he was a staff worker on the Obama campaign and took part in Occupy Wall Street. He was a progressive liberal and guess what? A registered Democrat. The Newtown, Conn shooter hated Christians and was a registered Democrat. The Columbine high school shooters were too young to vote, but both of their families were progressive liberals and registered Democrats.

And one more thing, not a single one of these killers were members of the National Rifle Association. So I have got it figured out how to make this country much safer; leave the guns alone and lock up all the Democrats.

^ that is fucking brilliant. Great stuff Push. [/quote]

I’m a non-Christian who is socially liberal, and I own several weapons. I should have myself institutionalized, yes?

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

I’m a non-Christian who is socially liberal, and I own several weapons. I should have myself institutionalized, yes?[/quote]

It would seem so. It’s for your health.

[quote]Legionary wrote:<<< It’s pretty funny when one tries to comprehend just how massive the observable universe is. [/quote] A post from a few years ago to a Jehovah’s Witness claiming that God must be scrutable to be real.

[quote]I told him (with minor edits):
Try this:
Take a paper plate and about an inch or so from the edge somewhere make the smallest dot you can with the sharpest pencil you can find. The plate represents our galaxy and the dot our solar system. In the middle of our solar system is a flaming ball of gas that emits more energy in one second than every possible man made source in history combined to date.

It is so far away that it takes 13 minutes for it’s light to reach your skin traveling 186,000 miles a second and we are pretty close compared to some of the other planets. That’s one solar system, one dot, in one galaxy, one paper plate.

Now go throw the plate into the middle of the pacific ocean and as it floats there realize that the ocean represents… maybe, what we’ve been able to measure of the universe.

Imagine billions of other paper plates floating around representing billions of other galaxies. Throw in super massive black holes, dark matter (there’s a REAL zinger there) and the rest of the astronomical phenomena that have us staring cross eyed into our equipment. And all this barely scratches the surface.

There is a God who spoke this into existence FROM NOTHING by the command of his mouth… whatever that means. That God, whose mind numbing unfathomable holy power and majesty would consume you (or me) in a nanosecond if He were approached apart from the death defeating resurrected Christ, has chosen to reveal himself to the only part of all of that creation that exists in his intelligent moral image… in a book. As well as in that creation itself.

You just keep right on sinfully attempting to fit him into your puny pathetic little mind (mine too) and you will keep right on coming to sinful idolatrous conclusions. You have ZEEROH understanding of even what little of Him can be understood at all by His chosen revelation and yet you continue to proclaim your ability to understand Him fully.

I repeat. Repent of this blasphemy and believe the Gospel.

Yes, temporally we appear pretty insignificant which makes the gospel of Christ all the more glorious.[/quote]

[quote]Legionary wrote:<<< I actually thought back to that thread a long time from now in a galaxy far, far away. Your response was hardly sufficient to address the philosophical and scientific implications brought about by the observable universe. To write off even the possibility of intelligent life forms outside of “sons of Adam” based solely on a desire to maintain religious convictions is to ignore reality itself. There are 200 to 400 billion stars in the Milky Way alone. Then you have estimates of 100 to 200 billion galaxies in the Universe, each of which also has hundreds of billions of stars. A recent German supercomputer simulation put that number even higher: 500 billion. In other words, there could be a galaxy out there for every star in the Milky Way. In light of this, it’s beyond intellectual insanity for you to say “Nah uh, there are no aliens because the Bible says so!” [/quote]Oh my Jesus!!! Here you go again. Back to the ol epistemological drawing board.

And Gambit Lost??? [quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:I read this joke a couple of times…

… hilarious? [/quote]Come on bub. You’re actually a nice guy with more honor than I originally gave you credit for (you defended me against charges of racism one time. I was actually touched by that). However, you have never sustained a single meaningful exchange qualifying you to label anything a joke. Not saying you’re a dummy. Only that one could be forgiven for holding off heartbreak at the onslaught of your disdain on the basis of what you have shown us to this point.

I look forward to the day humanity travel between the stars, Christian spaceships on a mission to convert the aliens to be forgiven for the original human christian sin, and muslim ships out to kill alien infidels for not believing in their guy on the flying horse.

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

I’m a non-Christian who is socially liberal, and I own several weapons. I should have myself institutionalized, yes?[/quote]

Yes, you must be an anomaly, because only right-wing wacko inbreds own guns. That is how people like you are viewed here.

On the West Coast, or should I say Left Coast, any of you who own guns are nothing but a bunch of hillbilly rednecks who hump their tractor and are a small evolutionary step above primordial sludge. That is how people and politicians view you here.

[quote]espenl wrote:
I look forward to the day humanity travel between the stars, Christian spaceships on a mission to convert the aliens to be forgiven for the original human christian sin, and muslim ships out to kill alien infidels for not believing in their guy on the flying horse.[/quote]

When that day comes you will be dead, so you can not look forward to it.

We have to develop a form of transportation that can move the speed of light first.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]espenl wrote:
I look forward to the day humanity travel between the stars, Christian spaceships on a mission to convert the aliens to be forgiven for the original human christian sin, and muslim ships out to kill alien infidels for not believing in their guy on the flying horse.[/quote]

When that day comes you will be dead, so you can not look forward to it.

We have to develop a form of transportation that can move the speed of light first.[/quote]

Even that would be too slow