Putting Together Apartment Gym

[quote]Oleena wrote:
I’m putting one together and am looking for recommendations regarding what basic equipment to include, models of equipment, and ingenious solutions to the size problem.

I live in a two-bedroom apartment with my boyfriend. We use the other bedroom for a study room and there isn’t enough free space anywhere for an Olympic sized barbell. I’m figuring I’ll buy something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Power-Systems-Short-Olympic-Bar/dp/B000JGEK3I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1328110289&sr=8-2 , an adjustable dumbbell set, a floor mat, an ab wheel, and I already have a pull-up bar.

[/quote]

That bar isn’t bad. I’ve ton 1000s o-lifts and deadlifts with short bars on oil rigs all over the gulf. You can’t put a whole lot of weight on them because of the short collars, but their pretty good for putting around at home.

[quote]Oleena wrote:

Other suggestions? BTW,it can’t be loud and it can’t be larger than a couple feet.

Thanks![/quote]

That’s pretty much my home gym.

Parallets
Jump Ropes
Tricep Bar
A few plates
A few Dumbbells

[quote]Oleena wrote:

Other suggestions? BTW,it can’t be loud and it can’t be larger than a couple feet.

Thanks![/quote]

Kettlebells are always nice. 20Kg and 28kg

[quote]Oleena wrote:

Thanks![/quote]

95lb DB. I think buying only one db at any given weight is great when you’ve got limited space. Plus it forces you to do all kinds of unilateral stuff.

Sandbags are like good hookers. Cheap, easy, they leave breathless, and they won’t give you herpes.

Medicine balls out the yinyang

Tornado ball.

Yoga mat. Gotta stretch.

[quote]Oleena wrote:

Thanks![/quote]

Normal Ab Wheel

4x4 Ab Wheels. For when regular 2-wheel drive just won’t cut it.

There are also some pushup grips in there. Some spot cones so I can mark off sprint distances at the park.

Foam Roller