Putting on 10 lbs of Muscle?

Yup. Also hear about football players getting in the gym when they get to college and adding an insane amount of muscle. Of course, these are 18 year olds and elite athletes.

I wonder if guys like Bradley Cooper were on roids to gain that much mass??

I guess I also assumed that going from T levels of a 90 year old to a 20 year old would surely help…lol

It’s life changing for sure.

Hmmm do I want to add my 2 cents into this discussion?

Been on TRT four weeks. Really looking forward to feeling better soon…

I’d appreciate your 2 cents @bulldog9899.

So from what I read…your just looking at wanting to gain some mass along with im guessing improving your strength level or at least maintaining what you have at your age? Along with a reasonable level of Body fat… since your not worried about getting ripped? (ugh I hate that word)

If just training 3 times a week try a fullbody routine with a good amount of volume…

Really loading up on intraworkout aminos and glutamine/bcaas will help also and will add zero fat

Yes bulldog. That’s what I’m aiming for. Not looking to get ripped…lol. That ship has sailed!

I’ll post though I somewhat share Bulldog’s reluctance to offer his 2 cents. I think he’d agree with me, but I would defer to his advice. Read the tnation articles on squats and deadlifts, then do those lifts for about 6 months as heavy as you can. Structure your workouts to devote more time and energy to those lifts, each on a separate day and with sufficient rest days between. If that–and proper eating as per foregoing posts–doesn’t do what you want, maybe consider buying knitting needles.

Your new best friends need to be those lifts and eating enough protein in food/supplement form. Age shouldn’t be a factor.

1 Like

What am I missing here? Isn’t the point of a forum to share advice and ideas? Thanks for the tips.

Nashtide Lol your not wrong… I know allot of guys like myself in the over35 avoid advice threads for several reasons. Probably why you dont see allot of advice being given out. In some threads it becomes annoying when you give out advice and someone comes along and tries to contradict it… especially when that person contradicting you has way less particle experience. Awhile back ago there use to be a gentleman who use to give very good advice ( a few of the old timers know who im talking about) who went by the name of Marauder Meat. The guy had a 500 raw bench but time to time some body would try to contradict him by quoting something they might have read ( a trend you see allot online) What use to make it even more funny the guys who would try to contradict Meat would be lucky to even bench 200 lbs on a good day. In some cases sometimes depending on where you are on this site it becomes less about giving out practical and straight forward advice … But more often advice threads sometimes turn into a hand full of guys debating among themselves over who is the most knowledgeable and why the other guy is full of crap, I myself try too swing clear of this …every once in awhile I might pipe up but that is not very often. In reality most of this stuff in reality isnt rocket science but damn people want to make it out to be, Sorry for going off track on the subject at hand.

To be honest… you seem to have a good start going. gaining 10 lbs of lean at your age is doable especially if your going on TRT in my opinion.

The best advice I give everybody who ask in real life and online is embrace the K.I.S.S principle which is
Keep it simple stupid . Most people over complicate things way too much until the whole process stops being enjoyable .

1 Like

Good advice. You are absolutely right. If I try to complicate this I won’t enjoy the ride. I’m gonna continue to eat well (with a small calorie increase). I will think about eating more carbs around my workouts and less carbs on off days. I will continue to lift hard. I will continue my current HIIT routine and if I gain some muscle great. If not, I’m doing this for my health more than my appearance anyway.

Exactly… no reason to over complicate things when in reality you dont have to do so. As long as your seeing progress in the gym and outside of it and that your enjoying what your currently doing its all good.