Putting It All Together.

OK, so here’s the deal. I’ve now done what all newbies are told to do, and read the entire site. (Took me almost a year to do it).
Luckily that is not all I’ve done.

In the past year I’ve done a basic full body routine focusing on 3-5 compound movements 3-5 times a week. It’s a good program and it has served it’s purpose.

I have gone from 252# @ 40+% BF (yes you read that right) to 226# @ 26%.

Here’s what I need to do now. On the 22 of Sept 2006 I am boarding a plane to go on a Caribean cruise. By that time I want to feel comfortable with taking off my shirt without causing major psychological trauma to underaged viewers. My goal is as follows:

200# flat at 14-15% BF. (Not shredded, I know. But let’s be realistic here)

Due to both a full time job and part time 'varsity I can start going full throttle on the 15 of May.

Here’s the plan.

a: Post before pics and update pics every 4 weeks thereafter. (this keeps me accountable)

b: Start doing cardio in the morning. (100 workouts to ripped city)

c: Do 2 20 min HIIT sessions per week (tu/thu).

d: On Saturdays do 3-4h landscaping work at home (Low enough intensity to qual as NEPA)

e: Weight training. This is where things get tricky. Do I stick to 3 sessions per week (keep to focusing on the compound moves)? Would something like the superhero workout be better?
With all that cardio I need to watch for overtraining. I need to keep what little muscle I have.

f: Diet. Carb cycling keeping me on avg. 200 KCals per day under maintenance.
Finish it off with 4 weeks of the Vdiet, in an attempt to make 10% BF.

Sorry for the long post. This is where I need you combined knowledge to come in.

Some advice please?

Couple things…

200 cals below maintenance sounds about right, but you need to be sure you know what your maintenance is.

You might want to do a solid week of the V-Diet to kick things off, then end with it as well. Just a thought, and not a requirement. You sound dedicated and level-headed enough to be able to handle it.

I assume you are doing 3 full body workouts a week. This should be enough. You’ve made great progress so far in the last year but now is the time to get your diet dialed in and up your cardio, as you mentioned. Keep your training where it was if you’re getting stronger. If you not, that’s another story.

As for cardio, the 100 workouts to rip city is a great plan. I’m not sure if I would add in the 2 HIIT sessions. I would consider replacing two of the low level sessions with those though. You want to make sure you’re not over-doing it on the cardio, as you won’t be eating enough to support it. The last thing you want to do is consistenly push your calorie deficit too low and kill your metabolism.

As for a diet plan- T-Dawg 2.0 always works well for people, as does the carb-cycling. I think carb-cycling is a tad complicated for a long diet, but great for short term.

You don’t need to constantly post pictures here to keep motivated. Certainly take them, but the last thing you want is for your thread to turn into a picture bashing one. That’s not good for morale. Besides, chances are visably you won’t make many changes every 4 weeks and you’re sure to get the “I don’t see a difference” comments, which can be a downer.

Also- if you haven’t already- read every single word Chris Shugart has written on this site. (You obviously are aware of his work given the interest in the V-Diet). His writing and psycho-babble is right up your alley as an FFB in training…

Ok that was more than a couple.

Good luck!