T Nation

Putting Humpty Dumpty Together Again

My Story: I am 33 years old. I have been lifting for 14 years but only serious for the last three. I recently had a baby and I am working to put Humpty Dumpty together again. I had a rough pregnancy and was not allowed to lift and eventually even was ordered to bedrest. I really am starting all over. As frustrating as this is... I look forward to doing this all the right way and really am looking to this site for support and encouragement.

My Goals: Keep losing the baby weight, get back where I was strengthwise and then some. Who's physique do I have in mind? Jelena's. AWESOME.

My Stats: I am 5'6. Pre- pregnancy I was 124lbs. At day of delivery I was 160lbs. I'll take measurements and start counting back from there.

My Nutrition: I currently only take vitamins and fish oils because of the baby. I follow a "clean eating" type of diet. Essentially wheat and dairy free and I cook a lot. I'll post recipes and things like that too.

Here's a picture from tonight. Only because I felt I oughta show something to start this out! Oh Yeah... my boobs are stupid big these days.

2/7/2012 LEG DAY

There is a T-Nation issued Prowler at my gym so I do most of my leg workouts on it. I FREAKIN' LOVE to hate that damn thing. She's a bitch and will make you cry but WOW does it ever make a difference. Like I said above... I had lots of pregnancy problems. One of them was limited leg use. My legs were so weak. However... I started pushing this fiesty bitch two weeks after I had the baby and my butt and legs are already tightening up and my strength is coming back like never before! I am just so excited to feel this way again!

Prowler 135lbs of plates
-Push a lap, pull a lap, Lunge a half lap (OMG I wanted to die)

125lbs 5 times 3 reps

Leg Raises
60lbs 10times 3 reps

Started abs again today. Weak, weak, weak.

Welcome. You already look very slim in the photo (boobs aside!). In fact, I'm just an inch taller and am close to your delivery date weight a lot of the time without ever being pregnant. 124lbs seems very low. Are you planning on adding some muscle?
Your gym looks great, I'd kill for facilities like that.

Thanks Cal! I am naturally thin anyway and long waisted too and after I have I have babies I usually go right back and quick but often I get TOO SKINNY. Not cute. My goal is to add lots of muscle!

Jelena Abbou is 5'6 and competes at 118 so i don't think 124 is too low. Especially since that is where I usually hover without any effort. I do know that it doesn't matter what the scale says... gotta go by what the mirror says! :slight_smile: I am 135lbs as of this morning. I like my fullness but want to tone up my midsection more and bring back the abs. If I go back up in weight but look better then that's okay too.

I'm winter pasty white right now but I'll start posting better pictures in a few weeks.

Our gym ROCKS! It's a three level Urban Active. LOVE it! :slight_smile:

I'm w/Cal, I think you look lean. The prowler push & the squats is some damn fine work.

Not sure if boobs that lge would ever be considered stupid in my book.

Here's my butt.... I am just 9 weeks out after the little one so I can't wait to see how it tightens and improves after more prowling.

Print: They're even MORE overwhelming in person. :slightly_smiling:

glad to have you back in action, Cattie!

you don't look too worse for wear to me, and that prowler set-up looks killer.

I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't a little jelly.

9 weeks after having a baby????

dayum girl.

Like sugar on my tongue.................

Thank you! I am trying HARD. I push that thing 4-5 times a week (extra on leg days) and have been eating SUPER DUPER clean. It's making a difference.

My favorite breakfast.
2 scoops of Metabolic Drive Vanilla
1/4 cup Almond Milk
2 TBSP Coconut Flour
1/4 cup Perky's Rice Crunchy Things ( If you haven't tried these you MUST!) Adds a perfect crunch without adding a lot of carbs!

Ran out of time running kids around. I only got 30 mins at the gym of which I prowled vigorously. Still pushing the 135 of plates but today I got two laps with only 4 stops total. VAST improvement over just last week! :slightly_smiling:

Looking hot. You should definitely post some squat form videos :slightly_smiling:

I have been taught by the very best! :slightly_smiling: Once I get a weight worth reporting I may just do that! :slightly_smiling:

Lat and Bicep day

I am super weak and trying not to be aggravated with myself. After such a long time off I can't expect to pick right up where I stopped. I will note that my right Bicep is stronger because of the baby carrier!

Overhand Lat pulldowns

Close handle lat pulldowns

Cable rows

Bent over barbell rows

Alternating dumbell curls

Cable rope grip hammer curls
25 x 10 x3

Straight barbell curls

1 lap 45lbs of plates for speed with long sweeping steps

Nice to meet you! You are absolutely amazing and an inspiration to me!! I look forward to your updates!

Thanks, Pink!

Well, today marks 10 weeks pp (post partum). I've still got a long way to go but I've come a long way too!

In other news.... Thought I'd share a cookbook that I use a lot. Some of her stuff is pretty bland but the set up is good. Just gotta know how to season it properly! I make most of her soups and then freeze them in single serving sizes. They make great go to lunches. Bake some of Chris Shugart's breads and you are all set! The Chicken Cassoulet is really good and a Crock pot dish if you can believe it!

Thank you! I will definitely check that out. I love her book and had no idea there was a cookbook too...sweet! I enjoy cooking a lot lately so it's good timing! PinK!

Posterior Chain day for our house! Professional instruction included! Now I've done deadlifts before, but not with weight progression in mind, so now it's going to be much more part of my routine.

Started with 65lbs added 10 pounds each set working up to 125 x 3, pretty good for the first time out getting serious and concentrating on form, soooo looks like...

65 x 3
75 x 3
85 x 3
95 x 3
105 x 3
115 x 3
125 x 3

Romanian Deadlifts:
95lbs 3 sets of 8

3 sets of 12 holding a ten pound plate.

....and holding a baby the rest of the day....

In local news, I finally locked in a nanny for the weekend of the Arnold! :slightly_smiling: We've got a nice hotel reserved and the whole shot! Going to make a mini trip out of it, very nice to do it in your hometown. Looking forward to running into some folks at the show too.

However... best news of the whole day is that I just purchased my first order of Indigo! YAY! I am so super excited to do it. I have been wanting to do it since they first rolled it out! I was pregnant then so I obviously couldn't. However... now it's time!

I started my Indigo-3G log. Come visit if you'd like to see how it does for a 33 year old mother of three. I am anticipating incredible results.

Just curious, what is the nutrition info for this meal? Basicly just carbs, protien, and calories?